Monday, September 24, 2007

Mahmoud Amedinejad

The Iranian president, Mahmoud Amedinejad, spoke today in New York. Based on the absence of details about his speech, nothing he said during it was ground breaking. Apparently, however, he believes that the holocaust is a myth and Israel should be wiped off the map.

Call me a traitor, but personally, I like this man. Don't get me wrong, I think he is full of... But he is uniting the American people in a way our president couldn't. If we can't love together, at least we can hate together (The American way). Despite the fact that some people are still taking this and somehow depicting it as some evil plan of such and such a political party, most of the Americans seem to hate this man. I don't like what Amedinejad stands for, but I like what he unintentionally causes (Partially): A bonding of Americans, a highlighting of what remains of American nationalism. Besides the whole unifying thing, he has a cool first name. Come on. Mahmoud.

It was interesting to see some of the signs protesting his speech in New York.

The fact that he has an entourage including his own personnal ambulance is saying something.

Just some thoughts

~Tyler

1 comment:

Tori said...

Good for you. I agree, nobody likes him. Good point.