Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Old and New Questions for my Bloggers

Ok-Now that we have ALMOST figured this out . . . you have two questions to reply to.
1) What will you miss most about summer and what do you look forward to the most in the new school year (slight change since it is almost October!)?

and

2) What news story (stories) have grabbed your attention most recently and why?


You may choose to respond privately. Just type your answer in Word or your folder and print it.

All responses are due-either as a blog or a print out-by the end of class Friday.

Happy Writing!
Mrs. G

PS-I want you all to click on the "comments" box and respond. Do not create your own post this time. Be sure to resend your reply IF you answered on your own blog instead of HERE.

46 comments:

jimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler said...

I will probably miss the nice weather the most about summer. Whenever I was outside, it took my mind off of the summer reading assignment I was procrastinating. As I get into school I feel I have less procrastinated work, as ironic as that may seem.

This year I will look forward to accumulating volunteer hours with the garden club. Having the time I will be working with the garden club on paper and, more importantly, worth something (adds to a transcript), will give me a good sense of accomplishment.

In regard to stories that have grabbed my attention recently, I would have to refer to the 2008 election. I have recently tried to get a good understanding of the political opinions of the candidates, to no avail. I am particularly interested in the top 2 democrat and republican candidates, Clinton, Obama, Thompson and Giuliani. As of yet, I know they want to fix some important social issues, but none of them have specified. Politics is fun.

Anonymous said...

1) I will miss the summer because I could always hang out with my friends and do fun things. I like that I don't have any homework that I need to finish for school during the summer. What I will miss most is that my best friend Mariya moved to New Jersey and in the summer we spend weeks together at a time and we have so much fun together. She's rad. =]
But I am looking forward to being able to see my friends every day at school. I'm also excited about the clubs that I'll be in during the school year.

2) The last news story that grabbed my attention was when the two seniors were arrested at this high school. It wasn't a good this that happened but I was interested in it because it has to do with our high school and students that go here. Yup.

Anonymous said...

1)Summer
What i will miss most about summer is not being able to sleep in until 3:00 pm. Also beeing able to go to my friends houses all day everyday.

2)World
I havent checked the news in a while but the whole War in Iraq thing has kept my attention.

Katie said...

The things that I will miss most about the summer is swimming and sleeping late. In the school year I look foward to seeing my friends more often.

Katie said...

Ok, I already answered the other question so here's the second one : the news story i am surrently intrested in is the how close the Yankees are to out beating the Red Sox (my little brother loves the Red Sox). Also im interested in the fact that the president of iraq or iran (im not sure) wants to come to New York City and visit Ground Zero, this upset alot a people because his rule was one of the reasons this happened and he wonders why people are insulted.

Anonymous said...

The thing I will miss most about summer is the hot days where i can sleep in and just hang out all day and not worry about any work. I also miss relaxing at home and just being very carefree.

The news story that I am most interested in lately is the Yankees. The Yankees are my favorite sports team and i also like baseball. They are only one and a half games behind the Red Sox and I have high hopes that they will clinch the division. They have been doing really good lately and I hope they keep it up!

jimmy said...

The things i will miss most about summer is sleeping and doing nothing all day.
The NEWS story that has interested me the most is the Yankees and there 14 and 1/4 game lead from the Red /soxs to 1 and a half.

Robert said...

I will miss many things about summer, from waking up at 1 in the afternoon to playing golf or just talking to friends. Mostly I will miss all the free time. Although, my dad had started to make me work with him to cover our chimmney with stone and that I will not miss.

I think think a story that has grabbed my attention recently was the houses of firemen who belong to the department my dad is in burning down.

FRANKIE JR said...

1a) i will miss sleeping from the summer, i will also miss no skool,baseball,chilling,hang-in around

1b) THE LAST DAY OF SKOOL AND THE VACATIONS IN BETWEEN

2)the ny yankees are in 2 place behind boston, the yankees have 88 wins red sox 90 the yankees have 64 loss and the sox have 63!!! BUT WE LEAD IN THE WILD CARD RACE

Kelly said...

1) To pick one thing about summer in which I will miss is near impossible. I will honestly miss it all. I guess if I "have to pick one thing", it might be the stress-free way of living. You can sleep in till noon and stay up till 3 am. You can try new things, meet new people, travel, and just live knowing that you don't have to study for that unit test tomorrow, and you don't have to write a ten-page report on something that you don't have the slightest intrest in. But, I look forward to the snow. I snowboard and I'm hoping it will be a good season. As for school, I'm really excited about my art class!

2) The news story that has grabbed my attention is Brittney Spear's HORRIBLE performance at the VMA's. It was absolutly hideous and I hope none of you had to go through the pain of watching it. I feel horrible for her son and I hope that somehow he can find a way to grow up without pop-culture shaping him into another star-child symbol in the tabloids.

Katie said...

I forgot to answer question 2 before so here it is. The news article that has caught my attention the most lately is the one about the Yankees.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris T said...

The story that has amazed me the most is the OJ story. I mean, first he kills his EX-wife and her boyfriend. I think he's just crazy!! i mean what the HECK!?!?!? Isn't it bad enough that he wrote a book about how he killed his wife, and now he is going to rob some guy of the possesions that he probably bought. i think the guy is wack!

Peace,
Christian

Chris T said...

I will miss many things about summer. I will miss getting up early and going to work out. I like to work out. also, I will miss playing Devil Cats baseball with FAZ, LISTING, and DUNWORTH. Even though they weren't at my skill level, it was still fun playing with FAZ. (Although his 11-run innings got old!) Still, we ended up sweping our last two tournaments. (Mostly because FAZ didn't pitch.) I can't wait for next summer!!

kristin said...

i will miss going to the lake everyday and being tan. i will also miss sleeping until 11am and going to bed really late at night!!!! i misss my puppy roxy and playing with her because now of school and tennis and homework i never get to play with her =( i look fowrad most to seeing my friends everyday and showing off my new clothes.

the storyy about O.J Simpson has recently grabbeed my attention because i think he should have went to jail before because i believe he killed those people and now that he robbed someone he has a good chance of going to jail for life and i hope he does!!!!!!

A FAZ said...

There are many things i will miss about summer vacation. Over the summer i took for granted these privlages and realized how much i enjoyed them when i no longer could experience them. some of these privlages are sleeping in, i really miss that one, playing golf in the morning and hanging out with my friends almost everyday. Although i am going to miss being able do expeirence these events, i am also going to enjoy new opttertunities in school. In school i am able to see everyone i do not hang out with on a regular bases and i get to play sports for school which provide a sense of unity among the team mates. I also get to get in on all the drama that goes around are school, alot. I dont mind the drama, sometimes i enjoy it as long as i stay out of it.
Thats all for now,
Faz

Alison said...

OK, question #1:
I'm definitely going to miss just being able to sit around and do nothing - you don't get many opportunities to do that sort of thing during the school year. (Then again, it did get pretty boring after awhile.) I'm also going to miss the hot weather. I love the snow, but I like being able to feel the sun, too.
This summer, I went to Japan!! It was really cool, and I'm really glad that I got to go. I brought back a bunch of souvenirs - my dresser is covered with them. I also took about 8 zillion photos. I guess I'll miss that experience, too.
I'm looking forward to seeing my friends more, and I love my electives.

Question #2:
Uhhhh......I don't pay attention to the news at all. I only read the comics in the newspaper. Seriously. That's all.

----Alison S.

Audrey said...

umm, lets see I miss summer in general, but one of the things i miss the most is being able to wake up whenever you want and being able to do whatever you want.
I also miss my cousin, who comes up from Florida every summer(unfortunately this year was the last time). I dont really know what i'm looking forward to the most this year, i'm just glad i havent been late yet!

The news story that grabbed my attention isn't recent, but i thought it was really cool. It's about the kid that hacked the iphone. So, he can use it almost anywhere and i'm pretty shore he dosn't have to pay anything(well except for the cost of the phone it's self).

Tucci said...

1)The thing I will miss most about summer is my awesome vacation. I went to Italy for 2 weeks and we stopped at Rome (3days), Florence (5days), Fano (3days), and Venice (3 days). I am also going to miss swimming in my lake and sleeping in till whenever.

2)The current news article that caught my attention was the one about OJ and how he got arrested for armed robbery. Which is weird cause he got off on his murder charge. Either way it was pretty stupid on his part and he really shouldn't have wrote the book IF I DID IT.

n!na said...

1) This summer. Was maybe one of the best I've ever had. I am really going to miss sleeping until two in the afternoon and having a few friends stay over for what seemed to be weeks at a time. Going for walks to the park and staying there all day, the warmth of the sun on your face, the icey feeling of pool water. It will all be missed. But what I'll miss the most is the time I had to myself. Just to be me and no one else would care. As far as school goes, I enjoy it. I mean, it's something to keep me busy but it's work none the less. I've got so much to look forawrd to now. Crazy weekends with my friends, going to shows on school nights and barely making it through the next day at school, Jed's almost every Friday night, (sometimes)fun and creative projects, making new friends and starting over. Here's to the end of summer and (to be cliche and quote a movie) the start of something new.

2) As far as the news, I'm not much on top of the new top stories and such but I am really interested in what happened here on 9/11. I am close friends with one of the boys. And let me tell you, he's not too proud of himself, but he's getting by. Life in school hasn't changed much but I mean, it was serious. And the news, all lies. They didn't hurt anyone. Sure they were drunk but the cops did a number on them. I saw the entire fiasco. But people believe what they want. So yeah, it's kind of touchy and now I'm done.

Anonymous said...

1)This summer was so much fun! I really miss getting up at like 11am and staying in my pajamas all day. The only thing that I was looking forward to was seeing my friends.

2)I think that the story about OJ simpson was really grabbing because he is a popular celeb and he might be going to jail for life.

Sadie said...

I miss just being able to hang back and relax with no worries about school,grades,and hw >.< But I am looking forward to a few things this year.This year I'm joining key club and possibly japanese and ski club if i can.

The news story about the baby who died in that daycare grabbed my attention.I hope they can find out wat happened to him =/

Anonymous said...

I think the thing I'll miss most about summer would be the time to myself, when I was in my room or in any room really..reading, drawing, writing etc. I think I'll also miss all the time I got to spend with my Grandma and my Mom. I spent the whole summer with them and now I can only see them on the weekends sometimes. The whole thing with my mom makes it hard to focus sometimes.
I look foward to going to Key Club on Thursdays after schoo. I think it will be fun, I just went to the first meeting yesterday. It'll be fun to do some volunteer work especially since most of my friends are doing it also.


A news story that slightly grabbed my attention was about this guy who recorded himself yelling about "Leaving Brittany alone" (Brittany Spears) I just thought he was making a fool of himself. I know people care about celeberties but you dont have to post it on youtube and start yelling at everyone and telling them to stop talking crap about her. I mean..he was crying for Pete's sake, I thought he was just embarrassing himself. Other than that I haven't really been paying any real close attention to the news....besides the weather sometimes.

Anonymous said...

1)what i`ll miss most of summer is hanging out with ym friends and going swimming also not having to do homewrok and being able to stay up later then 10:30. i look forward to playing volleyball and softball for the new school year.

2) news storys that have grabed my attention are the the election of like 2009! i think that the election debate has started way to early because the elections in like 2 years.

Dan M said...

The thing i will miss most about Summer is the not having school part. I will also miss not being able to go outside and doing things with my friends almost everyday. The thing I look forward to the most in this school year is the end of the school year. :)

Some recent news stories that have grabbed my attention the most were the Micheal Vick story and the new Osama Bin Laden video.

Shannon said...

1. The thing that I'm going to miss about summer is getting to hang out with my friends alot, and having alot of parties at my house and at friend's houses. But then again, I'm going to miss just being home, and just chillin by my pool. haha. The thing i look forward to most this school year is meeting new friends, and (i know this really doesnt sound like anything i would say, but its totally the truth) but getting good grades, and passing my freshmen year.

2. No news story's have really gotten my attention latley, becuase I dont really pay attention to whats going on in the news right now, becuase i know that if i do, im most likley going to get my self all scared. haha. but other then that, the OJ thing got my attention i guess.

-Shannonnnnnn<33

Anonymous said...

Jon Cretaro
1)The thing i miss most about summer is the sleeping hours and staying up late, but schools not to bad and i guess ill just have to get over it because you have to go to school(bummer).

2)The thing in the news that grabbed my attention would have to be the story on the man who went missing up in Ohio, he supposubly crash laded and they can't find him.

Sierra said...

1) il miss staying up till 4 a.m. every morning on the phone and having parties every weekend.

2the protest i guess, because its at our school.

Jake Wicks said...

I will always miss laying in the grass with with dog in my back yard during the summer. Not having to worry about gettin up the next day. Seeing movies with no care with my friends. And stopping at Panera Bread to have my favorite sandwich. I will always miss the vacations I take to Cape Cod with my friend Tony "The Tiger" Armlin with his family, the times of Summer Vacation are not ever truly forgotten because who can forget your first time getting ice cream form the ice cream man when he stops in your neighborhood. There are absolutely things im looking forward to the year, one of which is my grades in 9th Grade English Ms. G ;-). But, Seriously though there are things im looking forward to like the end of football season and what our record will be. So, far we're 2-2. Go Warriors! Another thing is the seeing my sophmore friends in school.
2)One news story that has particularly interested me iis the recent presidential candidate explosion, if you have'nt noticed there are ALOT of candidates that are officialy running now.

...And thats pretty much all that i have to say.

NIrwin said...

1)i will miss sleeping the most during summer and playing soccer anytime i want and i look forward to a fun first year in high school.
2)The stories about irac because i have 2 couzins in the merines that might be going over there. :D

lionsandgods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy* said...

What I will miss most about summer...
I will definatly miss the warm weather(we still have a little bit left!). I will miss sleeping in and going to bed whenever I want to(typical response). I went to a lot of camps this summer, so I will miss all of the new friends I made. I love summer because I don't have homework to stress over every night. I babysat during the summer and I will miss that because that is one of my favorite things to do as I love children, especially my neighbors who are like my brother and sister(I watch them so often).
I will miss riding horses because I went to a horse camp and a church "fair" where I rode horses. I will also miss swimming and watching all of the new movies that come out during summer. We visit my grandparents every summer in Pennslyvania and I love it down there, so I will definatly miss the beautiful summer walks my family takes while we are down there. I will miss shopping as well!!!!

As for what I am looking forward to...
I do have to admit that I was excited for High School. I am glad that I can see my friends all of the time now. I also started tennis this year and was excited for that. I do like the snow in moderation and I love the fall for the beautiful colors everywhere and my birthday!!I just want this year to go slow because I don't want to grow up so fast!

In the news...
I read an interesting story about crocs in the newspaper. It said that many people were getting injured because their crocs were getting stuck in the escalator. This is kind of scary for me because I own crocs myself, so I am going to be extra careful wearing them!
AMY*

Katie S. said...

I love summer so much!! Im going to miss sitting out in the sun listening to music and sleeping in untill 11am almost everyday. I love the feeling that you have nothing to do during summer, im going to miss that the most because now I have a lot to do. Im looking forward to homecoming and just being back to school and being with all my friends.

Katie S. said...

Whoops I forgot to answer it before so heres question # 2...

I guess the story that has grabbed my attention would be the war in Iraq because my parents always have the news on and that topic is in the news alot. Also i love all the gossip about celebrities.

lionsandgods said...

I like paying attention to ACTUAL news stories rather than celebrity ones. I find the celebrity ones fake and boring.

I like paying attention to world news because I like what's going on in other countries rather than right ouside our front door. It's a lot more interesting to me because sometimes things can be the same as you think they are.

Stephanie said...

1) I'm going to miss swimming in my pool and just hanging around doing nothing. I really look forward to seeing my friends every day. I'm looking foward to the snow in the winter and knocking the heads off snowmen with my cousin.

2) I don't really watch the news that often but I listen to what people are saying in school and at my house about Iraq.

Kyle G said...

There are many things in which I miss from the summer. Mainly baseball, lifting, basketball and sleeping (until i had to work in August). I also miss eating whenever I wanted to. I look forward to seeing my loser friends such as Madi and Melissa. On the positive side I think I will enjoy high school very much and can't wait to start the high school sports, as well as continue to play fall baseball.

Posted by Kyle

Tori said...

I am sick and tired of all the news stories about Anna Nicole Smith and Britany Spears. I like hearing about the news stories about things that actually impact our lives.

Last night on the news, I heard about the Iranian president that kills the Homosexuals in his country. What really upset me about him was the fact that when he was asked a question about why he killed them, he answered "We have no Homosexuals in my country." He said this on WORLD news.

That really upset me because he only dodged the questions he was asked, and didn't own up to the decisions that he was making. He should have a concrete reason for doing what he does and should stand up for himself. Not that I'm saying he is right in what he is doing, but he should at least give a good reason.

Colleen! said...

During the summer I had a lot of fun. I will miss bring with my friends as much and being able to relax. I spent a lot more time on the comouter than I should have, probably because I just bought my own laptop this summer....so the interenet was more available. A major plus that came out of the internet was me and casey got to talk a about our English projects, so it was a little easier to do. I also was alot more social this summer. But it seemed to go by a lot more faster because soccer started in almowst the beging of August. When summer came to an end I was excited to see all of the friends that I didn't get to see alot of over the summer, and I was ready to start my High SChool years.

Casey said...

I enjoyed my summer this year. I had alot of fun and got alot of time to relax. I was excited to go back to school and see all of my friends again. I did spend a lot of time talking on the computer to Colleen about our english projects. I liked doing the self expression project becasue i enjoy doing projects. The summer went by fast. I think i will miss all the free time I had during the summer but I like the school year. I'm excited to start my high school years!

kit said...

I think what I'm going to miss most about the summer was the freedom of it. I'm busy most of the time during the school year. Although some of this summer was boring, being really busy all the time during the school year gets a little stressful. I love doing random art projects during the summer, and I don't have much time at all for that now. I also miss swimming, and being able to see my friends whenever we wanted to get together.

I'm looking forward to the track season starting, and getting more involved in the Drama Club, Warrior Beat, and Art Club.

The only news story that really jumps to mind is all the buzz with General Petraeus and the possibility of a surge. This seems like a big deal, though I don't know the details, and I'm wondering what the outcome is going to be. I expect that with the government's "priorities," there probably will be another surge. I really hope this isn't the case, though. I don't really follow the news enough to have a good understanding of what's going on (it's so confusing!) but I know that I'm really against a surge. It didn't work last time, so why are they considering it again? I find it maddening that the government is repeating their mistakes.

Another newsworthy thing that interests me is the Darfur, Sudan genocide. I think it's bad that the media isn't reporting more about this -- surely a huge genocide is just as important as the other things they're reporting on.

A FAZ said...

Sorry i forgot to answer the second part of this blog.
Anyways, the new story that is catching my eye right now is the penate race in the al east. The yankees are only a game and a half out of first after being 14 games out only 2 months back. This is a lead that could only be blown then none other then the boston red sox. well i guess that isnt true, i mean they have done things like this before, but personally it probably is just the yankees drive and will to move forward. It also doenst help boston that they are always looking over there shoulder to see if the train from the Bronx is on its way.
looks like the momentum is in our favor.post back when we won the series.
Andrew

lindsey sullivan said...

Lindsey Sullivan

There have been many different news stories going on. Whether it's a shooting, murder, manslaughter, or killing. The news story that cauhght my attention was a elderly woman being brutally beaten. She was at a supermarket shopping and when she was done she went home. Following her home was two colored women. One of which was seven months pregnant and one had a seventeen month old child at home by it's self and she had a two week old in the car. When the elderly lady got home, she got out of the car. The two colored women hopped out of the car. They beat her up and when the elderly women was down, they poured bleach into her eyes. They kicked her, punched her, and hit her very brutally. Then the two women grabbed her purse and left. A neighbor had heard the cinder blocks being hit(by the two women's car), she went out and saw the elderly women on the ground. The elderly women was taken to Ellis Hospital and was later released the next day. The police found the two colored women in an A.J. Wright's store. They were buying baby clothes. They were both taken to jail and their sentencing is not yet determined. This has grabbed my attention because this story was so brutal. You are supposed to respect your elders and they in return will respect you. These women should have not been so brutal or even stole the women's wallet. First of all, the one that was seven months pregnant should not be moving that phsically it's too much for the baby. The other girl should not have left her seventeen month old child at home by itself. It cannot survive by itself at that age. The two women should have not even went after the elderly women or after anyone for that matter. This is how I feel about this news story.

Peter said...

Yes, Mrs. Gaboury, this is terribly late, and I extend my sincerest appologies. But as for recent stories in the news? Paris Hilton. You thought I was serious? No. Not Paris Hilton. The story that grips most of my attention is the 2008 election. I am concered deeply for the future of the US, and the world, and I firmly believe that the desision we make as to who is our leader, will affect the rest of our life. I believe our current administration is a disaster. I think we need a desisive leader, who will bring about change. I belivie that a democratic candidate will do just this. If elected, he/she will make it easier for congress to get things done. For the most part, the democratic candidates will stand for what I believe in. I personally like Richardson, but for a candidate that I think will make, then I must throw my support behind Obama. I think he has the charisma, ideas, and wits our country needs to re-establish us in the world community, begin to fix our problems, and lead our world to a better future.