I am sorry I am not in class today, I have two sick babies. :-(
Today you will be very busy and I expect you to be so great that I am so impressed with you and decide to give you a free 100% quiz grade for your efforts!
Be sure to heed the list here as to what you need to accomplish and work hard for the substitute.
Book Reviews are postponed until Oct 26 since I have your final response (GRADED TOO!!!) and you need it to complete your assignment.
Blocks 6 & 7
First, you will BLOG. Thank you Tyler H for the idea! See the question below.
Then you will READ. New Newsweeks are in. Read for 20 minutes and then turn and discuss with a partner what you read and why.
Then you will work on a CENTER. Next week you will be turning in your work.
Block 8
First, you will BLOG and be thankful that I am giving you a second chance in the computer lab. Use it wisely and carefully. Stay focused. See question below.
Then you will READ. New Newsweeks are in. Read for about 20 minutes and then write me a letter telling me about what you read-just about a paragraph or so.
READ A Child Called "It." Take notes and be ready for a test next week.
BLOG QUESTION:
You need to answer either A or B.
A) If you became president, what kind of president would you be? How would you preside? What issues would you make changes in? Why? What laws would you try to change? Why? What would you do about the wars (think issues of draft and veterans health plans)? What would you do with education? How would you change it? Would you keep issues of religion separate from the state? What holiday would you create and why?
B) If you could elect a real or fictional character president, who would you and why? Discuss how you think they would handle some of the above issues, including what holiday they would create. :-)
Enjoy!
Mrs. Gaboury
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
60 comments:
If I could elect a real or fictional character, I would elect brilliant political satirist Steven Colbert. He has actually already announced that he is running. I think he would take a humourous approach to situations and his charm would help with diplomacy. The people would love him as president, and as demonstrated on his show, no one is better at leading and getting people full of spirit. I feel that he would go with popular opinion on issues, which in this day and age, is usually the right approach anyway. I believe that he, not having been corrupted by politics and coming from a typical American family, has the potential to be a fair and just president. He also has much knowledge of the political theatre.
A). If I was president I would be like a dictator. I would rule by make sure noone oppes me and they listen to what I say. I would change Wars. I would change this be controlling everything in the world and makeing sure noopne does anything different from what I tell them to do. I would make sure there are nop Wars because they are just a big pain because people get killed and thats less people to control. I would change the Freedom of speacvh law a little but. I would make it so that noone can talk bad about my ruling and the government but other then that they can have free speach. If a War did break out i would have a huge military because I would make being in the military a very high paying job and great health care. And for vetreans they get free health and discounts to almost everything. Education would be maditory through 4 years of college. I would have this because I want the people to be educates so they can be a productive part to society. I would keep religion serparte because that could change someones view on a matter. I would do this because God might have different ideas from me and others that follow god wouyld chosse the other idea and not mine. I would creat Jimmy Took Over the World day. I would create this so that everyone knows my name and what i did so when I pass on everyone will remeber me if they like it or not.
If i became president i would be an average president i guess. I dont have any real presidential qualities, but i could help our country. I would help the homeless, the sick, and the poor. i would do this becasue it hurts to see people suffering. I know that i wouldn't want to be in thier shoes, so i would help so they didnt have to be like that eiher. There are no laws i think i would change i think they are all pretty fair. War... hmm i believe war is necessary for the freedom of a country. I believe a draft could be used sometimes. It's not right that if we were in a war and noly a quarter os the U.S.'s able bodied Americans enlisted, when our own soil is being threatened. Im not syaing its wrong if you dont join the armed forces, but freedom is not free, it comes with a price. For veterans, i have many family member who fought in wars, they will never be the same. People get broken and messed up during war, i would definetly make health plans for veterans available and good. For education i think i would change the fact that kids can drop out of high school. By dropping out they are only hurting themselves in the long run. It might seem like a good idea at the time but later on you will wish you hadnt done it. On the terms of religion, thats hard to say. In our country we have freedom of religion, and peopel can practice whatever they want. But people are taking it to the extremes. People want the word God taken out of the pledge, out of schools, out of courts. Hey thats there own problem, but when this counrty was founded, Christianity was the major religion. This country was founded by God fearing men and i think its wrong to remove even the word God from our public places. The holiday i would create would be... this is tough. I think a kids day. Oh people say everyday is kids day because our parents do everything for us. But i think we should get it off of school and have a whole day to just hang out and have fun. I think that on this day stored should cut thier prices by at least half and kids everywhere would just go and buy things. That would efinetly also help stores get rid of thier stock of items. These re all the things i would do if i was president.
B.) If i could elect a president i would elect Cinderella (the fictional character).I would elect her because shes been was treated badly and she would be able to make things right. Cinderella would be able to fogive people because she forgave her awful stepsisters. Cinderella would treat pepole with respect and make laws for the war. Cinerella is a great role model and all the little kids love her if she made comericals saying not to liter kids would listen to her, and kids are the furture. Cinderella would fix the finacial issues because she was poor before she met her prince. she knows what its like so therefore she would be able to help. She probably would create fundraisers. Since i would be cinderalls best freind she would make a Cinderella and Kristin Day (i would also be her assistante) people would celebrate all the new and improved things that we made happen together.
If I could elect anyone president, I would elect Brian Griffin. for those of who don't know (the pandas) he is the dog from family guy. I would elect him president because he is actually very smart. Also, he would make good decisions about issues like alcohol and drugs. he would probably make changes in the Iraq war. This is because he had a very bad experience in Iraq in one episode (search it on youtube). Also, he would change laws about the drinking age (21 human years is almost a dog's whole life). He would change education in that he would make college mandatory and would eradicate guest speakers at schools (again search the Iraq thing on youtube). he would probably still keep the seperation of church and state. The holiday that he would create would be National (Give Your Dogs) Martinis Day. I think that Brian Griffin would make an interesting president and a good one, too.
As president he would probably be for stem cell research, freedom of choice, and other such liberal ideals. He also would try to pull out of Iraq as soon as possible. He might invade Iran or Canada instead though. Health care and enducation would be important to him, being a child of a large family. He might be a little to religious as president though. He would of course, make his birthday and other important personnal dates a national spectacle.
If I were to become president there would be many slight change but also there would be some big change such as the change in health care. I eould do this because many people who don't have health care NEED it. Once you hit the age of 19 you are no longer on your parents health insurance and if you get sick guess what your going to pay in full.
Another thing I would most likely do is to try and fix the Iraq problem that our country is in right now. The first thing I would do is to evauate ALL of the U.s. troops.Then Iraq would be put into isolation by the U.S. but, any one who lives in Iraq could immagrate to the U.S. under certain conditions.
The one holiday I would create is aa day to remember the reasons and the people we lost on 9/11. It would not be a day like veterains day but just a day to... remember.
If I could elect anyone president, it would definitely be Dave Barry! Has anyone ever heard of the "Dave Barry for President" campaign? Dave Barry is a really famous humor writer, and he has a sort of joke presidential campaign. Dave Barry would give us all a little comedic relief when we were worried about world issues. He would also lead everyone in the destruction of low-flow toilets! Think about it, folks! If you think I'm being really stupid, go to www.davebarry.com and look at the "Dave Barry for President" stuff.
If he was president, Dave Barry would just get rid of everything bad. From his books, I gather that he really hates it when politicians and other authorities act really stupid. So he would make sure that things were going smoothly, and as for international issues, he would just try to keep away from physical conflict and accept that we have enemies, and we always will. He would definitely get rid of the draft, but make healthcare, etc., better, because his books constantly state his annoyance with the medical system, insurance system, etc. He would also make sure that all elected officials would not make stupid decisions (defined as things he thinks are stupid).
If Dave Barry was president and created a holiday, it would probably be something along the lines of a "Worship Dave Barry, Do Whatever He Wants, and Send Him Large Sums Of Money" day. Of course he wouldn't really enforce it, but he would still accept kind donations to the "Dave Barry Wants Some Beer" fund.:)
So, in conclusion, if Dave Barry was president, he would give us all some comic relief in our lives, and generally try to get people to be more easygoing. I don't know if Dave Barry would be the best presidential candidate, but he would definitely be the most entertaining.
B.) My choice for a president that is a fictional character would be Barney. Barney teaches people to love eachother, to get along, and to share. Also, Barney is just a lovable purple dinosaur. Barney, might not be able to completely stop the war in Iraq, but he would pass laws that would help make things easier over there. Barney would create a holiday called appreciation day when kids and grown ups gave presents, or caards, or just say, "thank you" to the people that they love, so that everyone knows that they are appreciated.
-Katie Schultz
If I became president of the United States I honestly dont think I would be very good at it. But, if I did have to be president I think I would have better control over terrorists. I would make people feel safer. I think I would make the education system better too. I would have more after school activities. I would also make sure every teacher is capable of teaching. The holiday I would make would be support our troops day. It would be a day where everyone would get off and people can just take a day to remember all of the people in Iraq. That's what I would do if I was president.
A-
If I was president of the United States of America, I would take into account what the people think more often. i wouldn't necessarily do what the people voted, but i would think more from the people's point of view. i would have a lot of polls online to find out what normal people think. i would make changes in trying to save the environment and Global Warming. i would focus on funding money on inventions to stop global warming. i would also invest money on easier ways for kids to learn. maybe computer programs or videobooks. I think that the underage drinking law should be changed. I mean, the legal drinking age is 21, but i know kids my age and under that drink anyway. the law really doesn't stop anybody from drinking underage. i would get rid of the draft permanently, except for national crisis. Because if a person doesn't want to serve in the army, you shouldn't be able to force them to serve. if i could create create a national holiday, it would be GO REDSOX DAY!!!! i would create this holiday because the redsox are awesome and deserve more support.
Peace,
Christian
if i became president i think i woud do a pretty good job, well at least i can't do any worse then our existing president. i woulld deffinately make changes in our healthcare program, because not enough people have health insurence and it is even becoming insentive for those without jobs to not get a job so that they can get insurence from the government.
as for wars i am against them completely. i would get our troops out of iraq ASAP. with education i would put more foning into it because some schools just don't get enough money to help teach the kids anything. also i don't think a kids learning should be totaly juged on standerdized tests.
for keeping religion and state seperate i am some what for it but it is hard for me to be totaly one sided on that issue. and if i were to make a holiday i would make "Random Spontanius Day Off Day" it would be a different day every year, it would be random, it would be spontanius , and you would SOOOOOOOOO get the day off for it because everyone needs a day off.
Blog Question # A:
If i became president of the untied states i would make many changes. the first thing i would do is get our army out of iraq and do whatever it takes to acheive that goal. What i think sho8uld be done is put all of our army in one location instead of in Iraq and all other parts of the world so that the ordeal can end sooner. As far as starting uup a draft again, the idea is a little scary for a young male teenager, but what needs to be done, needs to be done. if a draft is needed to win a war, then a draft would need to be put in plave.
After Our war on terror is finished, i would take my focus of of foriegn affairs for a while and work on improving our own country, and not others. I would improve our environment and issues that are effecting the entire world.as far as it goes with our environement, i think the first thing we as a country would need to do is expose our options and new technology and make a reason for people to switch over to bio fuels and more environmental friendly cars.
A)If I were to become president of the United States I would take our troops out of Iraq. I don't want to be at war anymore. I would make things much better for veterans of war.
I would try to get rid of the Partriot Act and No Child Left Behind. They seem good when you take a look at them but if you actually read the fine print you will find that they most defenently aren't as good as they may seem. The Patriot Act was made before 9/11. It had a different name but was almost exactly the same. Congress would not pas it because it violated the constitution and our rights. Then almost immediently after the 9/11 attack the Patriot Act went through congress and it said that it would protect everyone from terrorist attacks. The congress passed it because everyone was scared sense it was such a terrible time and they just wanted to be safe. But now, once we take a look at it, the Patriot Act is a horrible act that is unfair and bad. It needs to go. The No Child Left Behind act gives money to schools that do better and are richer but doesn't help out the schools that really need it.
I would make it so that the schools that do not have as much money and don't do as well as the richer ones are given money. To do this we would first have to nullify the No Child Left Behind Act. I would keep religion and government issues seperate.
I would make the holiday All Colors day. It would be a holiday where everyone is free to be themselves and dress how they really want, be musical, be truthful, and really just love themselves at least for that day. It would be fun. =] I would also make a holdiay devoted to helping the environment. I love the environment and we should try to save it.
B) If I could elect a fictional charactor for president it would proebebly be Atticus Finch because he is such a fair, good man. If he were president I think he would know what would be best for the people of America. He would probebly nullify the bad acts that have been passed, take us out of Iraq, and be very fair to everyone. He would probebly make a holiday that had to do with children and love. He would also probebly do something to help the environment which badly needs it.
Or I would elect superman because he is mad rad. [I'm supergirl.]
Were I President...
Well, were I president, my nation would be run differently. Chances are, I would be of a non-conservative mind, but then not of a liberal mind (It is too much like socialism).
Firstly, I would push legislators to allow stem cell research. I believe that the current conservative snubs are preventing potential breakthroughs in science and medicine which could be highly beneficial to our people. Additionally, I would consider allowing human cloning. While this is a touchy subject for some, I believe that the benefit of having clones (Be they for military purposes, extra organs, matching bloogtypes, or other medical needs) would monumentally outweigh our petty morale values. Problems could arise in terms of clone rights, but with correct conditioning from birth, the clones wouldn't even support clone rights.
In regard to the war with Iraq, I haven't really thought about what I would do. Chances are I would set up a timetable for the removal of our troops. A certain number would be recalled every couple months with none added. If the country goes into turmoil, it is not our problem. The veterans would get what they were promised before they entered the conflict and nothing more. No draft would be instated.
I am rather worried about our relations with Iran. While I don't like Iran that much, I believe that they are rising in our world as a significance. I would try to improve our relations with them by visiting the country, much like Amedinejad visited us.
Religion would be kept seperate from state. This is final. I shall not associate my logical, people-governing body with the wishy-washy ideals of modern religions.
In terms of education, the current system seems functional in most respects. I would consider sending government trained teachers to the underperforming states so that the nation is kept up to par.
Also, continuing in the theme of progression, I would probably enact moderately strict executive orders concerning illegal immigrants. This is because I believe the illegal immigrants are, in part, to blame for our nation's economic roadbumps.
In regards to what holiday I would create... Well, I don't know why that is significant, but I would make a few national holidays in the summer so adults can spend more time with their children. Perhaps 'National Play Catch In the Park Down the Road With a Baseball Together With Your Kids in the Summer Day,' on July 10th or some other midsummer date. It is an apt name.
All in all though, I know that I don't have the tenacity or the strength to lead (Or at least right now I don't), and I can think of a few more people I would prefer to be president before me (*Cough* Arnold Schwarzenegger). Anywho, fun response.
Tyler
If I became president, I would probably democratic, but possibly be a member of the Green Party. I would rule America as best I could. First of all, I would take the troops out of Iraq. I didn't think we should have gone in the first place, but now that we are in this mess, the country needs to work out the issues by themselves. I'm not disrespecting the troops, and I know that progress has taken place in Iraq, but we need to come home. Secondly, the issues with Iran are growing too. I (unlike the plans of the republican canidates running in the upcoming election) would NOT start war with Iran. Starting up the draft? Obviously, I would never think to do that, because I don't even want the wars in the first place. As for education, since I value it highly, I would make a few changes. Mainly, I would try to fix the cost of college by making college a part of the school systems. Yes, some money would have to be paid to attend a college, but in Europe college isn't a large cost like it is here. Intuition is so high these days, but people have to pay it if they want a future. The reason I try so hard in school is to get a scholarship for college, because I know my family could hardly afford such an expensive fee. As for keeping religion separate from state, in America we can practice our own beliefs, and although the presidents have all had similar religious beliefs and are of the same race, this is just how we vote. It wouldn't change with me, because I am Catholic, but, I would definatly keep the governing of our country different from religious practices. Also, I would use my power to make an effort to stop global warming. I would make laws to accomidate the problem. I would put money into the campaigns and imform the American people that it is a reality and it has to change! I would create a great national holiday too! It would be called "Be Yourself Day". On this day, everyone wouldn't have work or school and they would do what makes them happy. That could be singing, dancing, baking, playing guitar, playing football, driving, running, playing with pets, ANYTHING!!! I'd create this day basically because I always want a day to just relax and not worry about the pressure in day to day life. I'm pretty sure everyone would enjoy this day. Honestly, I would be a horrible president. I don't pay enough attention to current events and I'm just not that intelligent. Although I have leadership qualities, I am not expreienced enough. I think that with the leader in America now, the only way our country won't completely suffer is if we stay divided. Divided in that we are all individuals and we all need to think for ourselves. The whole reason I'm not interested in current events is that the media is making my generation ignorant. So many people know so little, and it is scary. So, if I really was president, I'd just have to make a change.
A) If i were president i would be the best this country has ever seen!!! Heh yea right. I would probally be a republican because thats how ive been raised and im leaning in that direction when i listen to polotical speach's. I think i would try to finish the war with iraq, even if that means another surge of troops. We need to finish that war but we cant pull out suddenly because we probally will get hit again. Also i would end abortion because im strongly against taht and to me its just like killing your best friend if you commit abortion because its killing someone. Also i would try and get praying back into public schools and the ten commandments in the schools too. My view point is that church should be in state but state out of church. Thats how the men who the decleration of indipendence ment it and thats how it should be.(frank is copying me =]) I would make it so that education includes things that we need to know. Not anything that we would never use in real life. Also I would make special schools for specific types of interists like a tech school. I would create the National day Sleep. On this day people dont wake up until its after noon and they spend the day sleeping or relaxing.
B) If i could elect someone to be the president it would either be chuck norris or arnald swartaneggar or Frank cause hes annoying to the point where you want to shoot yourself. If Either of those people were our president then we would be invincible. Then i would tell chuck norris or arnald to clone themselfs into a huge army and dominate anyone who bothers us. Frank stole my idea of combining people so i cant say that. I think that they would love my day of sleep and they could handle anything that even hinted at attacking us. But when we get attacked by aliens only chuck, arnald, frank (who cant spell at all), Super dude and I will survive.
If I were to elect any fictional character to be our President, I would most definetely choose Albus Dumbledore. Old and wise with plenty of life experience, Dumbledore knows almost every solution to almost any problem. He makes mistakes as any human does, of course, yet even his mistakes seem to benefit someone somewhere. He hardly ever loses his temper (though you might want to avoid letting a couple of dementors loose in the White House). As a very peace loving guy, he would take the soldiers out of Iraq and try to prevent any future wars that the US may get involved in. He would also increase health care and life insurance policies, I'm sure. If he were to create a holiday, it would probably be a rememberance day to remember those we've lost in past wars and in the bombing of the twin towers. I also think it'd really benefit the country to have a wizard (and an extremely skilled one at that!) ruling the country.
While Albus Dumbledore would make an excellent president, he is already an excellent headmaster at Hogwarts and I doubt he'd like to leave his post. But there is someone who would absolutely love ruling an entire country--Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody. Tough and battle-scarred, Moody is just as wise as Dumbledore yet hardly as calm as him. Mad-Eye will lash out at anyone if he thinks they're attacking him. Still, he would make a good president because he's a good leader, and a very hard shell to crack. He would probably lead our country to victory in Iraq (he does love battle!) and start wars with any country if they so much as threaten him, but under his orders we would probably not lose many soldiers and he himself may even get out there and start sending Killing Curses and Stunning Spells all over the place. And his mad eye would be a great advantage to us. For a holiday, he'd probably make a "National Play The Meanest Prank You Can Think Of On Whomever You Want Day." He likes pranks (I think) but would make sure his victim gets hurt or emotionally scarred in the process. So, even though he would be a tough and very intimidating president, he would make good decisions and lead our country well. I'd like to see any other country try to pick a fight with the US while Mad-Eye Moody's in charge!
If i was president i would try my best to make people happy, because you can't get anything done if everyone is against you. if there was a time that we might have to go to war while i was president i wouldn't jump right into it i would take some time to think and talk to other people about it and if it was absolutely nesasary then we would go to war. I probably wouldn't bring religion into the state, but i would encourage people to try to understand other cultures more before they judged them. I wouldn't change alot of the things in education, but i would try to get schools more money so kids could have a better learning experience. Also i were president i would make a holiday for books, because there awsome.
If I were to become president I would make many changes from the current administration. Most importantly, I would try to make a law for universal health care. It is unfair that people at with monetary disadvantage should be able to get the same care as one who makes a million dollars a year. Free health care for children is very important because they have no way to make money to pay for health care, and if their parents can't afford it they won't have any. Also, the governmant would have to pay for veterans health care even if I was unable to sreate universal health care. We are the cause of their injuries, so we should at least help them with their recovery.
I would also nulify the Patriot Act and the No Child Left Behind Act. The Patriot act violates our rights as citizens, and was only passed due to the tactics used by the President and his employees to scare the nation in to compliance. Instead of improving the education system universally, The No Child Left Behind Act(NCLB)benefits the rich and worsens the situation in pooreer school. This is because The NCLB Act gives money to the schools that score high on tests and other evaluations, which are usually richer schools that already have the money to give their students a good education. The act doesn't give money to schools who do worse on these tests, which are usually poorer schools. The NCLB Act gives money to the schools that could do without it andgives little money to the schools that really need it. This makes noooooooo sense at all.
Also, if I were president I would have never gotten involved in Iraq. Bush only did so because there is an abundance of oil running through the country. By invading Iraq the president gained control of these oil lines. I would begin withdrawal of troops immeadeatly, and instead send officials to talk to diferent tribes in Iraq to try and make a treaty. This would be much more difficult than it sounds, but this would be the method I would use.
In these past few elections religion religion has become a major factor in people's decisions while voting for president. A person's religious beliefs should have no affect on their election.
Halloween is one of Americans' favorite holidays, the only time a person can go to a strangers house and get free candy!! however, unlike with most holidays we do not get Halloween off. If I were president, I would make sure people got Halloween day, and the day after Halloween off. It is as important as any other holiday, and it shouldn't be treated any differently.
a) If iI became president I would be the strogest leader we have ever had.
I would send more troops to Iraq...and get the job done, not worrrying about being politacly correct..
I would get rid of abortion.I would also try to bring pray back into public school.
I would try to end abortion because, when soomeone has an abortion they are killing a human..even though the doctors say it is not..LIFE.
I would try to bring pray back in the classroom, because our nation was founded on a christian base and it should stay that way. The first school was to educate young men that wanted to become preachers.
I think that the vetrens should be fully covered finacialy. The United States should take care of the veternes more than they are.
If I was president i would isssdue a draft if we relly neded one. I would not try to avoid one.No i would not keep religon out of state for the smae purpose that our country was founded by christian men..who establishe America on a christian base.
I would make the national day of
honoring Johny Cash or chuck norris.
B) If I couold elect any president it would be combination of Chuck Norris, Terminator, Super Man, BRuce Lee, Jet Lee, Rocky, the RUsian(from rocky), batman, and last years winner of the worlds strongest men his name is super dude. Then i wouyld make millions and billions of slones of them and send thtem all to irq and kill osma in a brutek fashion tear him lim from lim.. i would also hav them kill nate because he is a loser, and he makes fun of the bad speelling and gramer persons. They would handle the A qeustions with perfection..he would make the national day of chuck norris also
If I were President...
First of all, I would never become President because I have no idea about half of the things that are going on in the world. The one thing that I do know a little about is global warming. I would make that a huge priority because global warming is not only affecting humans or going to effect humans, but also amimals and different species. My ideal world is one of peace and harmony, but I know that that is totally fictional and unrealistic. THere will always be fighting and arguments in the world. If I were to change something, I would not use the fear, but instead lead by trying to make these good ways of living appealing. Even changing one state is enough. For example, with global warming, I would try to get more people to walk (a lot of people are conserned about their weight anyway, so I would try to change two things at once. Htis way of thinking is a lot like the thinking of the sellers of cigarettes. they make it seem like smoking is the coolest hting to do. Another issue is the war, which is a very scary, terrifing issue and I wouldn't know what to do. I might try to bring soldiers back slowly and show that the United States is not as bad as it seems to the Iraq people. I would definatly end the draft because it is tearing families apart and our country apart. I would love to give veterans all of the money that they need, but I know that I is not that simple. Charging higher taxes, taking money from people, and giving some people more money than others would create bigger problems. There are so many homeless peole in the world and I think that they need the money also. I if lead the country, religion would definatly be separate from state because it causes a lot of problems with religious "racism". A law that I would change and enforce would be the no driving while talking on the phone or smoking. It might decrease car accidents if people, can keep both hands on the wheel. Driving should be a privelige, only given to people who can prove their responsibility. I might make a law where you would have to get five recommendations to be able to drive. I might also make it so that if you are found driving carelessly, your license would be taken away and you would have to prove yourself again. I would make the holiday Thanksgiving bigger, because it is a very good idea, but not a lot of people take it seriously. Thanksgiving should be a time to have family and freinds together and forget all of the worrie in the world. Thanksgiving should be a day to give thanks for all that you have, not want more. It shuld also be a time to do something nice for someone who dosn't have as much as you. I know that I would make a bad President because I do not have realistic solutions, so I would have to have someone inventive run along with me to think up the good ideas!!!!
A. If I became president I would try to support ideas that would benifit many people and not just myself. I would try to look for ways to fix the problems the US has with constant inflation, the environment, and big buisnesses controlling the economy. It has been proven that global warming is a real issue and that the polar icecaps are rapidly melting. The sea level will rise high enough that many areas like Florida, India, and large chunks of low elevation counties will be under water. That not only means that many nice vacation spots will be destroyed, it also means that millions of people will be out of homes. The US knows how hard it is to find places for people to live in major disasters for much smaller amounts of people, like when Katrina hit. It is hard to imagine a way of finding homes for even more people.
Also the war in Iraq is a major issue. Despite what many people say it is to late to get out of the war, because everything will go back to how it was in Iraq, and thousands of lives would have been wasted. But there has to be a major change in the way it is being fought. The stragey that Bush is using now is to keep sending over more and more troops, that has to stop. Instead I would try to convince the government that has been set up in Iraq to intervene, and try to help end the war that is being fought for them. Also neighboring countries that the enemy is hiding in must be talked to so that an agreement can be made, and that Al Qaida can be diminished.
I think that the current education system is okay is some parts and needs a major improvement in others. There needs to be an easier way for underprivileged children to get a good education.
I would also choose to keep religion seperate from state with the exception of taking days off for religious holidays. One holiday I would create is Kid's Day which would be a kids version of Mother's and Father's day. This is because teenagers and kids are put under alot of stress from parents, school work, and alot of other stuff that needs to be recognized.
Question B:
If I could elect a fictional character to be president I would elect Harry Potter. Harry is a very responsible person and I think with alot of power he could do great things. Also he has magic power so he could many things. I think he would make schools into more adventerous lessons and that would be fun. Harry was also treated bad so I think he would make sure child abuse was ended. I think Harry would make a holiday that celebrated people whose parents have past away. Harry Potter would make a good President of the United States.
At this very moment I do not want to be come president. I dont watch the news that much so im not sure what is going on in the world except for what I hear from my parents and other people. If I was faced with some of the things that presidents have to deal with I would be lost. I know that some of the problems our country is dealing with is the War in Iraq, Global warming, and disease. I guess I would get the troops out of Iraq, because I dont like war and I think we should all be friends and the world should be peacful(but that is never going to happen)
To help with global warming i would encourage people to ride their bikes, walk or use public transportation, so there wouldnt be as much air pollution.
I also know in our country and in other countries, like africa, are dealing with AIDS and right now there is no cure for it. As president I would give money to scientists for research to find a cure for AIDS and other diseases as well.
I would create a national clean-up day, where all the people in different towns would all pitch in and clean up their town.
I dont think i would change any laws because right now I dont know that many laws, but im sure if I were elected president in the future I would have tons of ideas for new and improved laws.
If I were to become President, I would make many changes in our country. First of all I would pull our military out of Iraq, and strengthen it in our quest for the real (and lost goal) of capturing Osama Bin Ladin. I would also greatly strengthen our military, and not keep it in its now tiny size. I would also bring manufacturing back to the U.S., which would help solve a problem of unemployment, and also help our economy being to thrive. Another thing I would do if I were President would be to focus huge sums of money on research and development of new technology, and stop buying technology off of other countries. I would also work on getting our country out of debt, and strengthen our government programs for the people.
Another important issue to me would be to bring back the meaning of the holidays in which we celebrate. I would make sure that every important holiday, and significant days in history that we do not have off are known, and thoroughly explained. I would also make sure the television stations honored this day by playing movies, and programs that have significant meaning, and deal with the day (Fourth of July, D-Day, Pearl Harbor, Martin Luther King, President's day, V-E Day, etc.) I would also establish a holdiday in remberance of the war in Vietnam (and other lost wars), and make sure that all of the men who served in that war were now thouroughly honored, as they were not when they did return home. Better benefits would also be a top priority for veterans. If the draft needed to be acquired I would do it. During the second world war the draft was enstated, some got picked up by this, but most enlisted, and considered it an honor to serve their country in the time of need, for a gracious cause. Everyone did their part, hugely among the homefront. I would also try to instill morales, and patriotism into the minds of Americans. With these in mind I believe that people will be able to live a safer, more prosperous, and better life (World war II time era, "The Greatest Generation"). I would also clean up our nation before worrying about someone elses. It confuses me to why we can not live now like we once lived.
-Kyle G.
(I'm only picking A because I don't really know what to put for B.)
If I were president... haha, that's just funny to say. Even though my counsoler from last year said "I COULD SEE YOU BEING A LEGISTATOR!" I think being in politics would make me shave my head and probably make me cry a little. It's not that I don't like knowing what's going on in the world, it's just that I don't think I would be that good at making those kind of big decicions. But anyway...
I would be democratic and try to help everyone I could (and not be like Bush... no offense to people who LIKE Bush or anything). I think I would keep Bobby Bailey in mind if I wanted a vice president... (no one probably really knows who Bobby Bailey is besides me, which is a real shame because he's one of my heroes. Bobby and his friends went to Uganda to film a doctumentry called "Invisible Children")
I would try to bring awareness to everyone about the problems that are going on in the world--and I don't just mean Iraq either. People need to realize (if they haven't yet) that there are issues that are going outside our little country.
I don't like war at all. I think it's pointless and a vicious, endless cycle. I would try to make peace with people (yes, I know that sounds impossible) and try to keep everyone's opinion in mind. The draft is just a dumb idea to me. If people want to fight, they can fight. If people don't want to fight, you don't have to FORCE them away from their families to fight.
I think abortion is a good idea, so I wouldn't make that illegal. It's a good idea because accidents happen and sometimes you don't want a baby. A person should decide what they want to do with their own body. People's opinions shouldn't be dictated just because the other person doesn't believe the same thing.
We have one of the most expensive healthcare in the world, which is stupid (in my opinion). I would lower the cost of health care, taxes and... well, gas.
I would keep religion seperate from school, still. Different people worship different things, if they worship anything at all. Forcing one religion on a school is like forcing a conquered country to speak the language of their conquerers--it's kind of like a dictation. I mean, you can have decorations and things but... make sure it's diverse and not prejiduce.
What holiday would I create and why...? That's a hard question. I think I would make it a fun holiday instead of a day of rememberance because on days where we're supposed to remember, we only give them a moment of silence and then go shopping, which is wrong and I think people deserve more than that.
I guess I would create a sibling holiday, since I'm really close with my brother but we barely hang out because he's in college. You would just hang out with your brother/sister/friend that you treat like a sister or brother (for those who don't have siblings) and not want to kill them... or try not to.
If I were to become president, I would change a lot of things. I would NEVER want to become pres because I have no idea what's happening in the world, or the country for that matter. But I woudl try and fix the problem of global warming. I would encourage people to walk or ride bikes more often. I would devote all of my efforts to making the world a peaceful place to live. But, unfortunately, that is impossible.
I would also try and find cures for disesases like cancer AIDS. I would do something about the health care issue.
Hmmmm....i don't know what holidays I would make. But I think there should be one day, maybe twice a year, that kids just stay home form school and relax with their families. I think that family is the most important thing. Those are some of my views on the world right now, and what I would do if i became president. =]
The person I would elect to be my President would be D.W. from the show Arthur. I would elect her because even though she is 4 years old, she has an old soul. She is very wise despite her age. Also she is a very creative person and has a lot of spunk that our nation needs right now. I think that she would be able to deal with wars and make the right desicions. An example of her brillaintness is from dealing with the Tibble Twins. They are pretty much at war with everyone and D.W. successfully stops them. Also I think she wouldn't care if anyone had a different religion from her or anyone else. This of course comes from the ignorance of being 4 years old.
The holiday D.W. [Dora Winnifred]would most definitely make would be Pony Day. This day would consist of giving every little girl a pony and not giving her older brother anything but rotten cheese.
= ]
If I were to elect a fictional character I would elect Elmo from seasame street. Yes I know this is a very immature thing and its quite rediculious but i have my reasoning. Elmo is always happy and makes everyone happy who watches him. He always has a smile on and trys to make people happy. Everyone seems to caught up in there lives and never have anytime to just let go and are always tence and somepeoople get so bad that they snap. If elmo wer e president he would deal with current issues very well. For instance, war seems to always be on our minds seeing as though we are fighting in a war. i think elmo would stil fight in a war but handle things differentlyl. he would try to skip the fighting and try to make a deal with the opposing sid. He would NEVER become a dictator. ever. period. hes to nice. and if her were to become a dictator he wouldnt do any mean things but he would do nice things for people. I know i probably sound like a hippie or something but elmo is to happy of a person to do that. The holiday that elmo would probably create is national smile day. this day would be that everytime someone smiles to u you have to smile to someone else. by the end of the day everyone in the area would probably have gotten a smile. =]
I would never really be elected as president, but if I were I guess I would make some changes. First off I disaprove of any wars. But I know that war is going to happen. I would try to prevent it as much as possible and I would probably pull the troops out of Iraq. I also would get more funding for schools, shelters, and other projects.
I'm not sure what laws I would change and which ones I would keep. (As you can see I probably won't make a very good leader). I think I would probably keep religion and state seperate, but I'm not really an expert at all this so I don't really know what would be best for the country.
As for the holiday I guess I would create something fun, that people would look forward to. I'm not exactly sure of what I would do, (Kit suggested "Square Dance Day" but I'm not so sure everyone would enjoy that), but I know people will have a day off from school and work. But I'm never running for president so none of this is ever really going to happen.
A) If I were to become president, I think this country would be in trouble. It's not that I have poor leadership skills, it's that I get stressed out way to easily and I would get frustrated with the other politicians. I really can't stand politics, it is just a bunch of people who lie and make things up to get further up in the ranks. BUT ANYWAY...
If I had to become president, I would be independant. I agree with some of the points of both the democrate and republican parties, and I think it is unfair that people can only be one or the other. I like the independant party bacause it gives you a chance to take ideas from everyone and make a universal, compromised action. I think that the public should be heard and changes should be made if they have a valid enough point.
One thing I would change is the high gas prices. I mean seriously, how much of this money is no longer reaching anywhere but the companys' pockets. I would look into how much money is going where it is supposed to go, and change it. There is no sence raising our taxes and gas prices for someone's personal benefit.
I would revise all the old laws that no longer fit the situation this country is in. I would take a look at the drinking laws and the driving laws because I think they need to be revised. What I would change in the drinking law is to have minors be able to drink alcohol in a controlled situation where everyone is safe and will stay in one place. Right now, the teens are interprating the "no drinking before 21" law as "Oh, we can't drink LEGALLY, so lets go steal some!" I think the country would be alot safer and there would be less stealing and accidents. I believe there should be a cut-off limit to how much alcohol should be bought at one time. That may also be safer.
I would get our troops the heck out of there. It never should have gotten this far, and the troops have every right to leave. I say yhtat the USA is not the world police, Iraq can finish what we started. I don't even think BUSH knows what we're fighting for anymore. Our mission was up a long time ago, lets end it NOW.
Religion should stay as it is. Everyone has a right to worship whatever they want, and I think that nobody should feel left out, or pressured to worship someone elses religion. It's a free country,let it stay that.
THE END
If I happened to be President, the country would be screwed. If I leagaly were, I would call up my brother and ask him what the secretary of state does. Then I would get a good slogan. After all the tidious technicalities are no more, I would put a plan in place that would gradually take the troops out of the middle east. Hopefully by 2012. With all the extra cash from being out of Iraq, I would provide more people with health care. I would encourage laws that reduce the use of fossil fuels, and stop giving tax breaks to the rich. It doesn't work. I mean what the heck? You think people are actually going to be charitable. I would make Scrubs do more new seasons, and disband the Yankees. I would make a standard that would make unduing things on the computer easier so that people like me won't have to RETYPE THEIR WHOLE BLOG ENTRY!!!! I would elliminate No Child Left Behind. Because the kids and schools that need help, get left behind. I would make National Freddie Mercury day, because even though he wasn't American, he rocks. With that said, I would also try to eraticate the electoral college. Cause come on. Bush lost. More people wanted Gore. I know it. You know it. Even Bush knows it. It also emplys that people from Wyoming are worth more than people
from New York because their votes count more. What good ever came from Wyoming? Dick Cheney? I believe I've explained my unfulfilable promises, as well as anyone, so thanks for reading my rant. Join us next week when you get watch me down 4 hamburgers while dancing the chickin dance.
CHELSEA MEISSNER'S RESPONSE
If I was to run for president first I would make sure that the people know what I thought was right and wrong. I would not want to give people the wrong ideas about me or have the media do it first before I had any chance to say what I think. If people where to vote for me and I would win, I would change MANY things about this country. I would send all the illegal immigrants back so they could get in this country legally then they could come back on thier own free will. I would also invest some money in other new sourses of energy so we could be less dependent on fossil fuels and on other countries to supply it. I would stop ALL tax brakes for the rich and give more benifits to the middle class. I would also make better health care plans and give more money to premit more madical research. I would also slowly but steadily take peple out of Iraq. I want allour troops home and soon. I would also make same sex marriges illegal as soon as possible. I would also change the electoral college. I don't think it is fair when the people of the USA want one person and just a few in the government want another, so the government wins. Of course this is just a dream and I am almost 100% sure that I would not become or try running for president but, if a person ran with all these ideas I would definately vote for them.
~Chelsea
If i were the president, i would probably invoke the wisdom of Confucius. Not really, of course. Confucius was a zealous hippy and no one actually listens to him. I would try to be a good leaader and might try to bring back some of the old renassance festivities. You must see that i am joking now for those times were quite boring, no matter how enlightening. I would lower the drinking age and increase the age at which you can join the military. If you can decide that you want to risk your life at the age of 18, then why not die drinking, eh? Also i would try to lower the amount of emmissions, though that is what everyone is going to say, isnt it? Ho hum. The worlds a dreary place. If only someone would try to bring about more festivites, so that the world would be a less dreary planet. Speaking of planets, Europa and Titan seem like prime canditates for a water finding mission. Europa is completely covered in ice, under which is probably the richest goldmine of freshwater that we have encountered so far. And Titan is full of methane, a byproduct of all living organsims. So i really dont see how we can send more bimbos to the moon in search of MINERALS!!!??!, when there could be OTHER LIFE FORMS!!! I would also fund cloning and stem cell research, which can help humans overcome serious birth defects and types of cancer. I'M TALKING TO YOU BUSHY!!!! ALso, i would cut all of their ties to the government and have the country take on a more tolerant view of other religions and cultures, whether they like it or not. I would try to center my countries fuel economy upon alternative biofuels, which are much cheaper to make and buy, thus lowering the price of cars. Things should be more fun in life and i would try to lower the amount of homework which i think is ridiculous and should die a slow and painful death at the hands of Cthulhu, the norse god of death. Ha. Ha ha ha. He should be more celebrated too. I would also pull our troops out of the middle east and let those idiots fight for themselves. By the next year they are all probably gonna lauch a nuclear war and North Korea will join in just for the hell of it. Hopefully they will just wipe themselves out and i will not have to deal with any of them again. Then i could sit back, relax, and sip some tea on my stately lawn.
If i were to create a holiday, iwould name it National Hitchkikers Day, dedicated to the rememberance of Arthur Dent and Marvin the Paranoid Android from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. My favorite book of course. Ho hum. "Life. Dont talk to me about life", Marivn in the ship the Heart of Gold.
SENEY'S RESPONSE
If I was to become president I would probably be in the Independent Party. This would probably be because I think people should vote for whoever they think will do a good job, no matter the party.
I would aspire to change the issue of poverty. Many people are extremely poor, not just in the US but in the entire world. Of course I couldn't solve the problem of poverty worldwide, but I could help certain areas of the world where poverty is at its worst. I could create organizations nationwide that help the cause.
I very much dislike the idea if war. I wish that there would be no wars, but that's not realistic at all. I would only declare war if I really, really needed to. I wouldn't have drafts, unless I had no other choice. I would make sure that veterans health plans are covered for they put their lives on the line for their country. I personally think we (USA) should pull out of Iraq. Too many people are dying in Iraq.
I would want to change the electoral college. I think it's absolutely crazy that one person wins over the other when the majority of people voted for that other person just because of the electoral college.
Being in high school now, I know how TERRIBLE cafeteria lunches can be. I would prefer getting a sub and snacks very day, but that's too expensive to have everyday. Therefore I have to have school lunches sometimes. Their lunches are disgusting! So as a president, I would improve school lunches to a point where kids don't fear lunch time(like me)!
It's time to go. I will continue this since I'm not done. To be continued...
If I became president, I would most likely be in the Republican party. I would hope, however, that Americans wouldn't judge me immediataly based on my party. Today there seems to be such a deep division between Republicans and Democrats that people tend to barely look at the actual people. Only there party.
I would try to preside in a way that is fair and just. I would rely on my common sense and on the advice on people I trust in my faithful cabinet. I would try my best to live up to the expectations that the people have set for me, however it seems sometimes today that we as a people set our expectations a little high for the leader of the free world. I would not rely on the people's opinion of me it would be important though.
Today there is alot of corruption and dishonesty in American politics. I would hope to expose as much of this as I can to the people so we as a nation could attempt the huge job of purifying our politics. I don't believe there are many laws I would try to change but I would not be afraid to veto laws I don't approve of that people try to create.
I would try my best to stay at peace with other countries and not create unnecesary war, but I do believe war has a place. Sometimes the only way to peace is through war. I wouldn't draft anyone until it was absolutely necessary and then I would look at it the duty of every able American to step up to arms. Veterans of war would be treated with the utmost respect and would certainly be recognized and cared for. I would set someone in charge of making sure all veterans are recieving proper care. I would also set someone in charge of making sure the soldiers are getting our tax dollars worth of food and provisions.
Education seems to be at a pretty decent place. I would see to it that someone was keeping an eye on how much the average American child is learning, that teachers are being payed enough and that physilities are in good condition. I would watch to be sure our taxes are going to needed areas in food. I would also try to improve the quality and nutritional value of cafiteria food.
I would keep religion and state separate, but would not forget that this country was built, in part, on Christianaty. I wouldn't remove "One Nation Under God" from the pledge or anything like that. I am a Christian but I hope that people wouldn't let that have a huge influence on there vote.
As for holidays, I would change Columbus Day to something else. I don't believe Columbus is worthy of a holiday. We as a nation could choose someone else to celebrate. I would also get rid of President's Day unless we as a nation could start taking it seriously.
It is not in my plans to run for president, bu you never know!
B. If I could elect a president it
would have to be Jim Carey. I love him!! I have seen most of his movies. I would elect him because Jim Carey has fun and would bring laughter all throughout the world. I think his first task would be to lower taxes. He would lower them because he is a human too. I know that President Bush is a human and I know that he has lowered taxes. But, I just think that Jim Carey would lower them just a little more. Jim Carey would add a subject to schooling. That subject would be Comedy. He would make sure all of the kids would laugh, have fun, and enjoy every day with a good attitude. If they didn't laugh and have fun they would fail the grade. but, if they were upset like just one day they would still pass. Jim Carey would create the holiday of Happiness. All the Americans would have a day off from work and would meet at the local Town Hall. There they would chat and eat breakfast compilmentary of a French Chef. Then they would go have a wonderful day and smile and talk and all the stores would be closed so nobody could go shopping. Then for dinner people would go to the closest school because the Town Hall would be dirty because nobody cleaned it because there is no working. They would have a dinner made from seafood and multicultural foods. Then they would enjoy the rest of the day. If someone was to not smile or just have plain fun they would have to clean one of the Town Hall's or school's cafetieria's. Everyone would enjoy the day because it's not that hard to just smile! Then the next day it's just a regular day of the week. He would create this holiday becasue Jim carey is laid back and exciting to have around. That's who I would elect for president. I would love to meet Jim Carey one day! I think that way because he is just so amazing and inspiring to many people.
a) If i was president i would end the war in iraq since they are just sending more and more troops out and they are just getting killed. I think it is good that they are trying to rebuild it but it is just causing more fighting. I would also listen to ideas of the people from our country. i would also make school start a half hour later and get out a half hour later because people in school may do better if they get more sleep. i would also try to not give people in school homework because the teachers have to correct it so it makes more work for everybody. i think i would also lower prices becasue some people can't afford many things. especially gas. i would also try to help people that dont have alot of money or anything by making more places where they can go and live and get the things they need to survive. I think i would also make september 11 a holiday so people can remember everybody that died trying to help.
ONE DAY WHEN I AM PRESIDENT I know that i will not be known as the carefree always cheery president because i would be contributing to HUGE decisions that are extremely important. I will always try to make laws and decisions that would most benefit the country. Firstly i would make sure that ALL insurances partially cover if not cover the entire price of medicines for senours. It is not right that our senour citizens should be put through pain or even close to death because they do not make enough money to buy medicine that could be keeping them alive. When I am a senour citizen i hope that i will never go through the stress of having to worry everyday if this month i will have the money to stay alive.
War, who knew that one word could be so catastrophic. If i really am president one day i wil not let this problem occur. i will ally all the countries possible without putting the United States safety in jepordy. I would have good educationa dmake sure that everyone is cared for. i would make sure that all special needs children have the proper equipment to be taught and cared for.
If I could elect a president, real or fictional, I would choose a person who is intelligent, responsible, and, organized. If I could choose one of the candidates running for president right now I would choose Hillary Clinton. I would choose her beause she seems to know what she's doing and she would make History by becoming the first women president. Whoever it is, should make the holiday, so we can get a day off from school, always. I dont really care who becomes the next president as long as they pull troops out of Iraq. I would also like them to make smart decisions and other thins like that.
I chose choice B because I have no want to be president and no want to think about what it would be like. That is far too much responsibility for me.
So onward with the response.
I would probably elect Matthew Lush. Sure he's extremly popular on myspace but he's still a good canidate for president. He's a vegan, social activist and also gay. This would create a lot of drama but I think he would make some much needed and helpful changes in our government. I think he would change the gay marriage laws. He is a gay man after all. I'm betting Matthew would pull the troops out and let those countries involved solve their own problems and help when it is i neccessary. Create a holiday? Well. Matthew Shepard Day has already been created. So has National Coming Out Day. Maybe just something fun. Something that goes along with his beliefs.
Hahaha, I think that's all I can infer about Matthew Lush so that concludes my response!
IF <---- I were president (which i dont want to be) I would be myself, nice and caring and blah blah.
I would make sure that children always had child care and that they always had a school to go to. I would make sure that homeless shelters were more nice and roomy. That they always had food, the good kind not canned, and plenty of blankets and pillows.
War would be something that I would never even think of unless we were attacked continuously, but even then I would only take out the source, not ruin the lives of innocent people.
I mould make a Teen Appreciation day. The way adults treat teenagers sometimes is rediculous. The way they think that just because they are adults they are the only ones who can have stress or problems. when they sey things like " your just a kid how can you have problems?" or the same thing except with stress or even both. Kids all alike need to be appreciated and respected.
And now Im bored..and Vanessa screwed with my post..somethin happened oh well, cya =o
If i could elect a president real or fictional i would choose that is responsible and intelligent(unlike our current president). I think this person would be a great leader and would learn from the past. As for who it is i really dont care. The way i hope they handle some of the issues are cleaning up our planet and preventing wars. I really hope that the new president creates a new holiday to get me out of school for a day because no matter how fun your school day is u will want the day off more.
Jon Cretaro
B) If I could a elect anyone for president i would realect Goerge Bush. Anyone who says that he is stupid and its his fault for 9/11 and going to Iraq is wrong. He is a good preident and he hasn't done anything wrong, it wasn't his choice to go to Iraq but he agreed, if he said no then the government would still be in Iraq. The holiday he would create would be WE BEAT THE INSERTIONS day. Also i think he would be a good president by keeping the troops in Iraq because if A LITTLE amount of troops die that means THERE IS A ENEMY!!
If Franklin D. Roosevelt was still alive I would choose him for president because he led us through most of world war 2 so I think that if he got us through most of world war 2 he can help the United States end the war with Iraq.I think he would do alot about veterns healh plans. He might make new ones but I can't speek for him. FDR would make sure that all wars would end because he has been through two so he knows what war does to a nation. Being president through one of the most drematic times he would make she our nation would not repeat another great depression. I think he would make two holidays that would represent both world wars because they effected our country soo greatly.
If I could elect a real or fictional president it would have to be President Jon Stewart. Althoughh this man is on a tv thow that often ridicules and slanders the president and present day government, he is aware of issues that affect todays news. He often on his show describes alternatives to issues in politics. He might do the sensible thing like try to find a way to end the war in Iraq rather send in mpore troops as a way to stall . In conclusion, if I had to choose a real person to be president it would be Jon Stewart. But my main choice for a fictional person would be easy. I leave with this, how does President Patrick Star sound?
I choose question B, if I was to elect a real or fiction character president i would chose presdent truman if he was still alive because he had to clean up after president roosevelt. I think he would handle the war on Iraq fine because he had to do that for World War Two after the last president who got us into World War Two.
I would not change any laws right now except for illegal immagrants being able to get a drivers license. For education I would have the president give money to every public school and sports fund because most schools need money for those things. I would keep religion from school because there are so many different kinds of religion that it wouldnt be fair to others. I would also have the president stop the War on Iraq because the war is wasting american money for no reason and there is no point in us being there. We should have all of our troops come home by 2009.
The holiday i would have is the day the War on Iraq ended because thats a big step for Americans and a big deal also.
*>>>IF<<<* I became president I would do my best to help this country and its people.People nowadays seem to care but don't really do anything about it,I won't be that kind of person.I'll try to help everyone I can.I would protect the rights of ALL the people in this country,not just a select few.I would even help animals with their rights too,they're living creatures and need to be respected like humans are.I would make sure everyone had the necessities to live like a home and food(good food,not that nasty canned stuff >.<)
aww I can't finish right now =[ O well,maybe I can finish tomorow morning =]
If I were Elected for President well there will be no Compition but if i wanted to be, i would make all people created equal. And that there will be no Vilonec. Well im not done yet but i can tell u alot more ok well i hope your kids feel better and i hope you are coming back to school we all miss u Bye
this is my comment conitunued at home right now because i felt bad for not finishing all the questions for part A because i ran out of time in class]
In my first comment i sort of skimmed through writing about education because i deffinately did not want be late to lunch this afternoon=) i need my foood!
well if I'm really ever president i hope to make the school environment welcome to everyones thoughts and expressions. I have to admit school right now is pretty much how i would want it because i could say i wish you were aloud to dress any way you wanted with out dress codes but the truth is with out the dress code i know that somebody would go way out of line and well know one wants to see that.
Also i would lower school taxes for people who have children attending school and i would not allow people who don't have children attending a school district to pay these taxes. I am not quite sure how i would achieve these things but i would put them high on my list. I'm sure in the future it will come to me!
I agree to keep religion seperate from state. I'm not exactly sure of what this meens but i'll atake a shot at it. I'm hoping the maybe is has to do with not being allowed to enforce a religion upon students, because well that is what i am going to be telling you about. If not have fun reading. I would allow people to be able to say their religion and say why they have chosen to believe this way and say how this is the TRUE faith. AS long as it is verbal and not comparing to another religion making it as though their religion is superior to anothers.EVen if they feel this way.
If i could create a holiday i would make an earth where people actually helped the earth and contributed to ending global warming. You would not get the day off but all children wwould come to school and go on different feild trips to help be parted of cleaing the Earth. This is so that people aren't sitting home on their couches because that happened to get a day off for some holiday they can't remember the name of.
-MelissaRoff
ps i hope your babies feel better !
SENEY'S RESPONSE CONT...
Education is really important for success. As a president, I would make sure that every child has the chance to get an education. Many children dream to become great things, but one needs a good education to succeed.
I would probably most likely keep religion away from the state because many people want to be free as far as how they interpret things. I would let each individual decide for themselves.
Hmmmm...I would probably create the holiday of "No Sweets for a Week." (I know it sounds extremely corny, but I do have a point!)Well anyway, this so called holiday would last for a week, obviously. Also, people are not supposed to eat anything with great amounts of sugar or any of that high fructose corn syrup junk. Enforcing this holiday amoung every US citizen would be impossible and extremely cruel! So, of course not everyone has to do it. I think it would be a great way to motivate people to eat healthier. It's kind of like a game; let's see who can make it through the week without eating too many sweets. My goal in creating this holiday would be to see people eating healthier not only during the one week period, but after as well and continuing to eat right. It could possibly motivate people to a point where it changes their lives!
Even though I had a lot to say, I am almost 100% sure that I will NOT become president ( I really wouldn't want to!).
Post a Comment