Friday, October 12, 2007

October-Goals and Aspirations

Welcome to October! As good a time as ever to reflect and aspire! Breathe in that wonderful cinnamon smelling air! Oh, is that just my plug in? :-)

Today I want you to think and write on the following questions. Shoot for eight or more sentences overall, please. Work on writing a smooth piece, don't just list the answers.
1- What are your goals and aspirations for this year?
2- What are your goals and aspirations for your school years?
3- What do you see yourself doing after high school? After college? 5 years from now?
4- What are you going to do to make sure these goals and aspirations come to be?

Enjoy!
Mrs. Gaboury

52 comments:

lionsandgods said...

High school. Wow. I remember last year, when I was sitting in my last block class on the last day of school and thought, "Oh my God, next year I'm going to be in high school." To be honest, I thought I would hate it. I thought everyone was going to be mean and nasty and I would never be able to see my friends. Now that I'm here, I realize that this is WAY better than middle school. We're considered adults and because of that, our goals and our dreams have matured.

This year, I want to be able to pass every single class without difficulty. It's a little far-fetched, but last year I sort of started slacking and almost had a D in Science (oops). This year, I want to be able to do it without being worried that my parents will lecture me on responsiblity and procrastination... or start tracking my homework (true story).

Basically, I just want to pass high school without wanting to quit. There's a lot more work, drama and people; which can lead to relationship problems, work problems... a lot of problems. I just kind of want to have fun, learn something (something better than Middle School, please) and get a good degree.

After high school, my best friend and I have a plan to leave for Canada for the whole summer. Why? 1) It's a road trip. You get to think and you don't have parents. You're free until you get to the border. 2) Well, it's Canada. you're still going somewhere far, even if you're still on the same continent... although Canada should be its own continent (kidding).

After the road trip and clear-ish thoughts, I want to go to college. I want to go to a college like Saint Rose (that's where my brother goes) because it's nice and my brother has a lot of fun there. Although, my mom has told me, "You can only go to a college like that if you get a scholarship." I want to be a writer and everyone knows it. Well, a writer or a superhero and since a superhero isn't a practical job, I'll settle for a writer and write about being a superhero... or something.

Five years from now, I'm going to be nearly 25. That's weird to think about, especially since I haven't thought it out that far. I don't know what I see myself doing then. I don't think I want to, since there are too many possibilities beacause maybe if I focus on just one possibility and another comes my way, then I'll miss out on some other oppertunities.

To make sure these things come true, I'm just going to keep working and not give up. I may procrastinate a little, but I'm usually not one to give up.

Casey said...

1. My goals and aspirations for this year are to become a better student and enjoy myself. I also am trying to get better at organizing myself. Alot of the time all my stuff is just all over the place and I'm scrambling around looking for lost things, or doing things at the last minute. I'm trying to do all my homework on the day it is assigned and not procrastinate on projects and such.

2. My goals and aspirations for my school years are to be successful. I want to find out the things that I really enjoy doing to make sure I don't make a mistake later in my life. I'm going to start trying different things.

3. After high school I want to go to college. I want to have a carreer in the entertainment business so it would be amazing to go to college in a place like New York City or Hollywood, California. After college I see myself getting a job and starting a career. I don't think I want a big family or any thing like that but i would like to live in a house in a nice little neighborhood.

4. To make these goals and aspirations come to be I'm going to try my hardest and do my best to reach my full potential and do what I want to in life. There is only one life to live so I'm gonna make sure it's a good one.

Stephanie said...

To me these questions were kind of hard. I don't really think too much about my goals for each year. I guess if I think hard enough I would have to say my goals for this year are to just be a better person. I know that sounds weird but, and my friends can back me up on this, I can sometimes not be so nice or happy.
My goals for this school year are to work my hardest and remember to do my Spanish homework. I have a problem with procrastination so I think I need to work on that too. After high school I want to go to college to become a teacher. I also would like to continure writing and playing tennis (but just for fun).
To make sure these goals come true I have to become more dedicated. I really want to be a teacher and write so I don't think I'll have a problem making them happen.

Colleen! said...

1) My goals and aspirations for this year are to get a job and do well in school. But mostly I want to have fun. I don't want to stress myself out and I just want this first year of High School to be mostly stress-free and memorable.

2) My goals and aspirations for my years are to figure out what I like and go with it. Right now I really don't know what I want to do when I get older, so I'm hoping that during these next four years I can figure out what I want to do for a living and where I want to go to college.

3) After High School I see myself going to college. I don't know what college I want to go to yet, but I really want to go to college right after high school. After college I hopefully will be pursuing the career that I went to college for. But other than that I have no idea as to what I deffinetly will be doing. As for 5 years from now I hopefully will still be doing the same job or if I end up not liking that job I will hopefully be doing something I love. As any person would hope I want to have a decent living setup.

4) Do make these goals and aspirations come to be I'm going to try my hardest and perservere. I have a feeling that I will hit some hard times and I will want to give up but I am going to try my hardest to tough it out. Other than that I'm going to go with the flow and let things be as they may. I'm exctied to see what will come in the future but I am also very content with what I have now.

Kyle G said...

I have many goals and aspirations for this year. Most of all I would like to get an A in each of my classes every quarter. I would also like to have a very good season in the sports I play.

My goals and aspirations for high school are to excell in school, athletics, and being a good person. I hope to achieve feats of no other, and work hard in reaching my goals.

After high school I hope to get into the United States Military Academy at West Point. After college I will serve in the U.S. Army as a Lieutenant for five years. After my enlistment is up I will more than likely go back to college at the University of Pennylvania, to get my masters in either Financing or Accounting, and then begin a civilian life.

I will make sure my dreams and aspirations come true by working hard in everything I do. I will use my determination as motivation to achieve my goals in life, and succeed in life in every respectable aspect.

-Kyle G.

Brittany said...

MY goals for this year is to mainly to get good grades. I also want to make the school softball team. I also want to get a job. For the rest of my school years i want to get good grades so i can get into a good college. I also want to continue to play tennis for school and softball for both school and classie lassie's. I would like to do cosmitology in votek in high school. After high school i want to go to college and start a career in hairdressing. I would like to have my own buissness. Another thing I would like to do is still dance and teach in my aunts dance school. I can make sure these goals happen by studying for tests and doing my homework. Then by doing this I get good grades and into a good college. I can also practice tennis and softball and make the teams. Then i could do good in cosmitology and i could start my own buissness in hairdressing. Also if I keep practicing dance I could keep teaching and dancing.

Holly said...

I don't really have many specific goals for this year and years following in high school: just to do well and have fun in the process. I need to work on managing my time better- I stink at that! I also would like to continue with Art and Band for all four years. I'd really like to go to Roberts Wesleyan College after high school (five years from now) with an art major. They have a really great art program, and I really like the campus as well. My sister goes to that college and she loves it. Not only has she met a ton of great friends and had tons of fun, but she's also learned a lot. In order to get into Roberts, I'll have to keep my grades up and have lots of community service hours. To manage my time better, I can get advice from my little sister. :)! To have fun I'll just be myself and try to always be in a light mood. :)

Peter said...

The future?!?!?!?!? Is it already here? I don't want to think about that!!!! That's whats going through my head right now, and I really havn't given it much thought. But if I must.... For the school year, I hope to get striaght A's (if god's on my side). It would also be nice to not get stuffed in lockers and beaten up on a daily basis by seniors and assorted teachers. Once I have acheived these goals, they will roll over into my goals for the rest of high school. After high school, I really have no idea. I guess it would be nice to do something with music, outside of teaching, but that field is very limited. Other than that I have no plans. I can only pray to the gods of my salary that I will indeed get a job better than mowing lawns for sixty dollars every two weeks. I'm gonna work my butt off to meet these standards that I set, because if I fail, I know that I could'nt respect myself. (Over the intercom) "That will be all"
-Peter

Holly said...

Chelsea Meissner Response

This year I dont really have a goal that is set in stone. My goals are always pretty much the same each year. I strive for getiing good grades in school, and being a better flute player. This year I also want to teach my dog, Honey, some new tricks. I am hoping she will be good at agility trials as my other dog sparky was. After high school I want to get a scholarship to a college. I am not 100% sure what college I want to go to yet but I do know that in order to get a scholarship I will have to keep my grads up. After college I want to rent a apartment and get a job that has something to do with art or music. I know in order to accomplish these goals there will be many obstacles to hurle or climb over but I want to exceed.
~chelsea Meissner

Katie S. said...

My goals and aspirations for this year are... well I guess I havent really thought about it yet.
My goals for the school year are to well of coarse pass all of my classes and have a lot of fun, and enjoy my first year at good old APHS. After high school I will go onto college.Im not sure what I want to do but someone told me I should become a teacher and so lately Ive been thinking about that, but im still not sure. After college I guess i will start looking for jobs and figure out what im going to be doing for the rest of my life. Five years from now I will be a freshman in college. I will eaither be living at home or on my own in a dorm room. My older brother is at college now and is living in a dorm room. He says its so much fun, so im excited about college. Its also scary though, the thought of being in college in four years scares me, everything moves so fast!!!

melissa roff said...

I really haven't thought about my goals for this year. But i guess this year i hope to meet new people, especially in november when i go to Ohio for NCYC. I also hope to get sraight A's and do overall well in school. I hope to do well and have fun in the sports and clubs that i'm part of. I aiming to alwasy be involved in some kind of extra curricluar activity through out the year. After i graduate from high school i am deffinately going to go to college. I'm not exactly sure what i want to be when i graduate from college but i am thinking about becoming a teacher or having a job in the medical feild. The only problem is i don't love science that much and medicine has a lot of science knowledge involoved.
To make sure that these goals come true i am going to work hard and not forget about them or put them off.

madelineeeeee =] said...

I haven't really thought about my goals that I have for this year. But I think my one goal for this year would be to become more self-confident and outgoing.I am a very quiet person around people I am not really firends with, but with my friends (friends,you all know this) I am crazy. I need to start taking risks and becoming a more friendly person. My goal for the school years is the same as my goal for the year, and also to do well in school. I am ususually a straight-A student, and I hope that will continue though high school. After high school,I plan to go to a college. I don;t really know what I want to do, but I am thinking about becoming a music teacher. After college,I want to get a job in music. Five years form now, I will be a freshman in college. I have no idea where I want to go to college. I will follow my dreams of becoming a musician by taking music all through my high school years, and continue playing all my life.

Katie S. said...

I forgot to answere this part earlier so here it is...

To make sure my goals and aspirations come true I will work really hard in school, try to have tons of fun with my friends, and hope that everything just falls into place. :)

Holly said...

Seney's Response

This year I really want to work at time management. I am gettting better already, but improvement can still be made. I want to get good grades in all my classes, of course. But the grades aren't just the only important thing. I want to be able to take what I learn and applying it to my life. I really want to go to a great college after high school, so I know these four years are extremely important. I am thinking about going to Roberts Wesleyan for I hear their music program is exceptional. I can't quite see as far as after college. My brother is in his senior year of college and I don't think he even knows for sure what he's going to do afterwards. If I had to take a wild guess, I think I would rent an apartment and find a job that is related to music. I hope to get a great job in music and excel in it To make sure these things will happen, I will need to work extremely hard, focus on achieving my goals, manage my time, and preservere. I will not let my life slip away; I'll make the most of it.

~Sara Seney

Neil said...

Hey! Its me! My aspirations for this year are as follows: Write a book, eat raw "takko" or as you may know it octopus, and develope a better liking for starfruit. These may seem like weird goals for a fabulous person such as me to achieve. But i came up with a really good idea for a book, which i shall not divulge upon you because i do not want anyone to steal it(yeah, its that awesome). I have only ever eaten cooked octopus with a delicious Japanese sauce but i have never had it raw and i would like to try it. Also, i quite like starfruit, but i have never had a craving for some good starfruit fresh off the tree, if they do indeed come from trees...
For the scholl yeer, i wood lik to speel betur. Also, i would like to ace all of my classes, ecspecially molecular biology, whcih can be quite challenging at sometimes. I would also like to join some extracuricular activities, such as OM.
After High School, i would like to go to a cuople of colleges. If i go for engineering, i would like to go to RPI, and if i want to become a writer, i would go to SUNY.
In five years, ill still be in college hopefully.
To make sure these aspirations come true, i will first go out and buy some starfruit. And go to a Japanese resturant and order some raw octopus. I will save some time everyday to continue writing my book and doing my homework to further my shcool academics. With those good grades, i will hopefully continue on the advanced courses and get inot a good college. Thats all folks.

Anonymous said...

yeah im testing this cause ya know it hasebt worked like every signle time ive tryed so yeah lets hoe this works!!! =]

Tyler said...

My freshman year has brought many goals, and at the same time has given me a slightly better idea as to what I want and see in my future.

For this year, I really want to get 25 volunteer hours accrued. I also want to get all A's, but I am a little uneasy about Social Studies.

For my high school years in general, I would like to do many things. I want to accumulate at least 75 hours of volunteer work, because it looks good on my transcript. Secondly, I am looking into getting a part time job before I graduate. Finally, I am really hoping to figure out exactly what profession I want to pursure by the time I get out of high school.

After high school, I am planning on going to college. I will get a graduate degree in something, perhaps a PhD. At the moment, I am looking into botany as a possible career choice. Of course, I tell my mother that I'm skipping college and going to work in a twisty-straw factory. She isn't buying it.

These goals do not seem to be overly challenging for me. My grades might be rough in some areas, but volunteering will be a breeze. Getting a job might not be. As I have learned from past experiences, it is better to not bite off more than you can chew. That maxim will hopefully get me through life. If not, I will hopefully get an article in Twisty Straw Magazine. Regardless, the majority of my future is not set in stone (Unless the world is going to end in 2012, then I'm out of luck).

lindsey sullivan said...

hello!

Anonymous said...

I have many goals and aspirations for this year. My biggest goal is to do good in wrestling this year. I dont have to worry about grades as much because, psh im a genius =]. But keeping my grades up is very important.

After high-school I am going to college. This year i am taking IED (introduciotn to engineering and design) and it is really intersting me. I hope i can go to an engineering college for this some day. After college i plan on joining the marines. i will be the 4th generation in my family to join. Everyone says that i shouldn't go because they fear fir my safety. But im not afriad, sure there is always the possibility of going to war and fighting and maybe dieing, and with things in the world how they are right now, going to war is a good possibility. I am not afraid to go to war, what i believe is that freedom isnt free, some people have to pay for it. But just because you dont join the armed forces doesnt mean you arent patriotic by any means.

To make sure these goals come to be, ill have to keep good grades. The grades to graduate high school and get into a good colllege. Also to maintain my health and strenghth so that joining the military wont be a big problem.

These are my goals for this year and for after high school.

jimmy said...

1. My goals for the year are to make the Fresdhman baseball and go to Newe Zeland. I do not think I will go to new Zeland because it is very far away and probaly very very expensive. I also want to make the freshman baseball team because I love to play baseball and Freshman baserball would be very very fun!!!

2.My goals and aspirations for the year is to pass with flying colors!! I want to do this because I want to do honors English next year and more honors class so I don't have to do anything during my senior year.

3. After High School i see myself joining the yankees at 18 year old. If that does not happen I will probaly join the milatary. If I do not join the milatary i want to fly airplanes because I have always loved planes and it would be mad cool to fly planes.

4. It make these goals and aprirations come to come true I will study really hard and do all my school work to the most I can do. Also I will practice alot and play on alot of teams.

kristin said...

During this school year my goals are to get good grades and do good in sports. i dont want to get and grades that are lower than a B.

My goals for my upcoming school years are to get good grades like i said. Also i want to get enough or more volunteer hours. i plan to get a job at Jiminy Peak and get a summer job in the summer going in to 11th grade. I really want a study hall next year because its really hard for me to get my homework done at night i get overly stressed and i hate it. I want to play lacrosse and i heard that our school might be getting a field hockey team along with boys lacrosse. if we get field hockey i would play that in a sceond. If we dont get a team i might play either soccer or tennis it depends on who the coaches are going to be and what my friends do.


After high school is over i plan to go to a college in Boston. i want to go to college for at least 6 years. After college i want to become a layout designer for a high end magazine. I also kind of want to be a pshcologist for troubled teens/kids. Im not excatly sure what i want to be but i know i want to make alot of money so i can afford the kind of life style that im used to.


To make sure these goals are achieved i will study hard and not let anyone get in my way of doing what i want to do.

Chris T said...

I have many goals and aspirations for this year. My main goal for this school year is to get an A in all my classes so I can work on getting into a good college. I also want to play really well in all my sports.

If I end up with good grades, i want ot end up in Syracuse university or Louisville. In my future years of school, I plan on working to get all A's. And getting admitted to a good college. I think that if I learn to study now, I will prepare myself for college. If i end up in Syracuse, I want to go into communications and end up on TV somewhere. Maybe you will see me on TV some day.

If i go to lousville, I want to try ang go pro in basebal-l or football. If I go to Syracuse I want to end up on TV somewhere. In five years, i hope to be playing baseball, and make a lot of money doing it. That would be the best. I think it is so cool that pros get paid to play baseball there entire life.

To make sure my goals and Aspirations come true, I plan on studying really hard on all my subjects, and stay after to get help a lot. i am also going to work on all sports whenever i can. Like pitching in the winter, or playing football in the Spring. my biggest thing to work on would be my speed. if i could increase my speed, i could be extra good (instead of being only really, really good)!!! But, i will always try really hard to accomplish all of my goals.

Katie said...

Now being in high school I have many more realistic goals than when I was in middle and elementary school. This year I am mores foucused on school than every before because I feel that your freshman year is the most important.

I am planning to get into votec for nursing to get my RN (for those of yu who don't know what that is it means Regisered Nurse). Then I plan on going the Samaritin Hospital. With the money tht I make from that job i can pay for my own schooling. I really would like to become a Primatologist (I don't think that's spelled right).

To make sure that I complete these goals I will stay on track and remember all of the things that I planned on doing. On of the most important things is to remember my dreams and goals.

Zack said...

For this year, my goals are to get good grades, make the school musical, get better in sports, and get A's on all my exams. My goals for my school years are very diverse. I would like to get into a lot of school plays, maybe join a sport, and have ggod grades throughout my high school years, especially in math, as I would like to pursue a math related career. That's going great right now. I have a 106 average in Trig, which is really bugging my teacher because he said our class would most likely all fail the class. After high school, I would liike to go to a good college and major in engineering, architecture, or theatre. One college that I am considering is RPI. After college, I would like to become an engineer, an architect, or an actor. 5 years from now, I see myself in a good college. To make sure that these goals come true, i will work reallly hard in all my classes, except for English. Just kidding. I am also going to join some extracuricular activities, try out for the school plays, and exercise more, because I'm a weakling.

PS: Happy Birthday Alison!:-)

Alison said...

My goals and aspirations? Uh, survive my first year of high school? I want to focus more on my interests, i.e. get into the school musical and/or play, play an active role in Japanese club, and trip over rocks less in cross country. I also want to work hard in classes, like Trig. Of course, the reason for that is the fact that I want to get an A on the midterm to disprove Mr. Miller's introductory statement to our class: "You will all fail the midterm."
Throughout my high school career, I want to just do my best, and heck, I want to have fun doing it! I want to keep on the honors track and try to get the best grades that I can, and I want to do as many extracurricular activities as is humanly possible for a high school student.
After high school, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I want to take a little more time to develop my interests and see what I am the best at. But I do have a list of things that I want to do - write a novel, do some sort of acting, and play my violin.
To get all these things that I want - and goshdarnit, do I want them! - I think I'm just going to do my best and take any opportunities that come my way. I am pretty confident in my abilities, and I trust myself enough to know that I can put my heart into anything that I want to do.
----Alison S.
P.S. My 14th birthday is in 3 days!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday, me!!!!!!!!

A FAZ said...

I have many goals and aspirations for this school year.This year i plan to apply myself in everyclass including the classes i do not enjoy most. This is becuase it has been my downfall in the past as i did not study or try in classes i was not interested in.

After this year i plan on keeping myself motivated and work hard throught highschool. I hope to participate in many extra curicular activities such as athletics and volunteering with many orginizations. Hope fully my grades will stay high and i will get into the collages i apply for.

For collage and the rest of my life i have pretty high goals. I plan on graduating from Albany Law school or Harvard Law if im lucky with my doctorate. As for my first four year of collage i am planning on going possibly to a Suny school or sienna, although i still have not made my mind up becuase i have plenty of time.

I hope to be a lawyer sometime and become a parter or possibly even own my own firm. Im mnot sure what type of lawyer i would like to be but i know i do not want to deal with ristictions and paper work. I love arguing and probing educated points to others.

Once im done with school and have a steady career i plan to have 4 kids. hopefully 2 girls and 2 boys so th ey always have someone to play with.

to make these dreams come true i will always work hard, stay positive, and keep my friends and family close. It isnt goign to be easy, but that is life, and i am looking forward to living it.

Robert said...

I have many goals for my first year of high school. The first of these is to, of course, keep getting good grades of at least a B+ in every class. This year I also aspire to become more social and leave my cave more often.

I have even more goals for the rest of my school years. The first of which, is that I aspire to get into a good college. The second is that I wish at some point to jump into the "dating game" .

As for life, I just wish to be rich, successful, healthy, happy, all of the usual things.

Anonymous said...

I have many goals and aspirations for this year, my school year, and for the rest of my life. My goal for this year is to do well in all of the sports I participate in and to stay on task. I tend do be off track and not together these days. I would like to change that.

My goals for this school year are to be a good student and to stay on task. I would like to get my homework done daily (I usually do) but I would like to keep that up. I want to be able to do well in the classes that I dont normaly do well in or that I dont neccesairally prefer. Hopefully i can keep my grades up throughout the whole school year.

I have alot of things that i would like to potentially do after high school. One of the things that I love to do is dance so I hope to find a studio that I can dance in. As for school goes, I would like to attend college for 4 years and play sports for that school. Another thing that I would be interested in doing is possibly going to a culinary school or FIT. I really like to cook so I think that would be fun. I am also really interested in fashion so FIT would deffinately be a possibility.

I will work really hard to make sure most of my goals come true. Some of them are sort of out of my reach as of now but the recent ones I will try very hard to reach. To make sure my school goals come true I will work really hard to finish my homework and be bettter at time management. Hopefully my goals will come out they way I dreamed them

Anonymous said...

I like being in the highschool. There is so much more freedom and the learning experiance is better. Haha. I actually like being called "frosh". This year and every school year, I would like to make new friends, learn new things, make memories that will last me forever and want to get good grades.

When highschool is over I would like to continue growing up to be a good person. I want to go to a good college. College will teach me new things while I'm out on my own. I know that I will miss my family and friends dearly, but I know that this will be worth it. I will always be able to spend the rest of my life with them. I've got nothing but time. I want to major in journalism at am ivy leage college. In five years college is where I'll be.

After college I want to live with my best friend Mariya in New York City for a year. While sharing an apartment with her I want to work for the New York Times. I want to start as a journalist then maybe move up to being editor. I know these are huge aspirations, but this is what I want and I have the drive to go out there and get it. I will always follow my dreams and to make them come true I will work very hard. I want to make something of myself. And I want to leave the world a better place than it was when I entered it, for at least one person.

Kelly said...

I have a few imporant goals and aspirations for this year. I want to improve on playing the piano and snowbaording. I'm just starting to play popular songs and stop playing so much classical music. I love it because I can sing too! As for snowboarding, I really want to improve on getting faster and hopefully doing some rails and jumps.
But in general, I always have goals for school. These goals don't only apply to this year, but for the rest of my highschool years. I want to keep up my grades and I want to stay inspired. It is so hard to balance my school work with the other aspects of my life, but I am determined to do it all because I know I can if I try. Everything I do will have an affect on me and my future, so I just have to work hard now to be happy later. My biggest weakness is lack of sleep...when I get home from school, go to my dance classes, go to piano, then babysit for extra money, it leaves little time for sleep. I really hope that can change. I hate the bags under my eyes and I drink too much coffee.
After highschool, I want to go to college. I have to go to college if I want to have a future. Why would I work so hard in school now just to waste it? I don't know where I'll go to college, but I have alot of dreams. I want to be an art teacher or a journalist. I used to want to be a singer or actress, but those kind of dreams are too far to reach and too unlikely. Basically, I want to enjoy my job no matter what. I think it's wrong that some people go to work everyday just because they have to make money. These days society is supports "profit before people" and I think that should be the other way around.
To make sure that these goals and aspirations come true, I have to keep going. No matter what happens, I'll keep going. I just have to be the best that I can be.

Alexis said...

High school is so much different than middle school. There is more freedom and more oppurtunities. My goals and aspirations for school have always been to maintain an average in the A-range in all my classes. This year I would also like to make new friends, join clubs and learn new things. Hopefully this year will offer experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.
I've always liked drawing and painting, this year I'm taking studio art. One of the careers that I want pursue is the arts. My studio art class will help me improve my skills and become a better artist overall.
The art class will also help me get into an art college. I don't know specifically which college I want to go to, but I do know I want to go to a four year college. Maintaining an A-average and becoming involved in more extracurricular activities will also help me get into the college of my choice.

FRANKIE JR said...

1. my goal for the year is year is to have a good time....and not get to stressed about school..

focus more on baseball...and get a better averge than last year.

spend mor time four wheeling..get my hunting licences....spend more time with friends and family..HAVE A GREAT FUN FILLED YEAR!!


2. My goals for this school year is to get better grades than last year...Get all A's.

Do good in other school activites (sports)

I would also like to get good grades so that I can get in even more advanced classes next year.

I would like to not get all sressed about school.. just relax and do my work and study hard.

3. after high school i see my self going to college I am not sure witch colege but i am leaning towards RPI or Palm Beach Atlantic. But probly RPI because i like engneering.

after college i plan on getting a job. Engeneerinig probaly. I do not want to live around work. I want to be able to have time for family and junk.

IN five years from now i will still be in college. I want to go for eight years to avoid work. becuse once you start working there is no summer vacation.

4. Work hard in School. don't get to stressed about the little stuff

for baseball I am going to do the smae thing i have been doing: traing all year round, play whenever i have the chance.

Work hard at everything i do!!!

Matt said...

For this year my goals are to get into the school play, get better at acting, stink less in track and cross country and get an A on the Trig midterm just to spite Mr. Miller. He may say that his class is super hard but i haven't put in that much work and i still have a 104 average, and that is because i haven't brought in a tissue box yet.

My goals for High School are to take lots of honers classes and some AP classes. I also want to continue with art and theatre because those are my favorite classes and Mr. McKeeby awsome!!! And on top of that i kind of want to be captain of the Cross Country team in my senior year,but most likely co-captain because PKB is rediculus.

After high school i want to go to a good college with a good theatre arts program, i don't really know any but i will find one, and then i'll use RPI as my safety school. After i graduate i guess i will try to get an acting job, hopefully in NYC, but if not as long as i am acting i don't care.

In order to make sure these aspirations (yay big words!) come true i will work very hard in my classes except Spanish (ugggggggg
ggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh, Spanish, the bane of my exsistance). and i intyend to take acting and voice lessens. And now for and awkward ending. hum de hum hum.

P.S. Happy 14th birthday Alison!

Anonymous said...

I have way too many goals and aspirations. Rangeing from soccer to art to school theres just too many things to do. My main goal is to get a B-A average (next to impossible) and to improve in my art (like i do in english class!!)
In the school years that im here I just want to become friends and not really get on anyone elses nerves, which ive already have done but whatever. Im not the type of person to set goals for myself, usually there set by my friends or family. I also have to live up or out preform both my sisters because thats just how I am. My sister kristen is a soccer player and i want to be a good soccer player but i dont know if i would go to collage for it. As for my sister danielle shes a phenominal artist so i try and beat her by compareing what she did when she was my age (im beating her right now)
I have no idea what I'll do aftr highschool. I'll probally go to college and get a degree in something. If i improve in either my art or soccer and become really well at either, i might play soccer or be an artist as a occupation. I really dont care that much about money as much as other people do. I just want to relax and take on life as it goes. I really like technonogy so i might go into that field for a college. There are so many things that could change how i grow up and i really dont know what i will do.
I dont know what i will be like when im older so i cant make too many choices right now. I thought about writing a book because that woulb be really fun but the commitment and the amount of attention-span that i have, i dont think that i could. I have too many goals and aspirations at the moment to really say that i will complete most of them.

~ Nate

Olivia said...

School, school, school. Work, work, work. Sigh, sigh, sigh.

I have many goals and aspirations for myself. They change frequently, depending on what's going on in my life, but for the most part I know who I want to be and what I want to be doing.
First and foremost, my biggest goal this year (and in the year following) will be to finish my book and try to get it published. Yes, I am writing a book. Yes, I know that's weird for a 14 year old to be doing but so far it's coming along all right. It's called Phoenix Zenith: Anywhere But Here (right now...but that will probably be changed) so look for it on the shelves in about forever from now! Also, on the subject of writing, I have a really great idea for a poem--an ode, rather--to my late niece Giana Faith. However, the idea is only one line. So I'm really trying to build on it and make something that really shows my love for little Giana.
Another goal I have is to score a goal in soccer. I've had a lot of opportunities and also a lot of shots, but nothing has made it in. I have been working on my shooting, and I only hope it shows in my game today.
I also have many aspirations for the whole of my school years. For instance, I want to try and get into as many of the school plays and productions as possible. Also, I hope to get good grades in all of my classes throughout my four years here (as any student should) but mostly in my science classes, because I'm hoping to study marine biology in college.
After high shcool, however, I really do want to go to college. As well as marine biology, I'm interested in writing and Broadway. I met one of the actors in Wicked (a totally wicked musical) who didn't go to college before getting into Broadway, and maybe that's the way I'll go too. Right now I'm not really sure. But I feel like I'll need that bridge into the real world before I move on to bigger and better things.
These goals will not be easy to accomplish. I'll have to work hard and really perservere, but for my book, my grades, my future...I'm willing to sacrfice my time and energy into doing the things that I love.

Amy* said...

So, my goals and aspirations...
I really want to work on becoming a better friend. I have a problem where I sometimes make jokes and sometimes take it to far and end up hurting their feelings. I also want to babysit a lot. This sounds funny, but I love babysitting and what to babysit for more than just my next-door neighbors. I love children!!

For school...
For me, this question is easy. I am the kind of person who stresses out over EVERYTHING! Everyone who knows me will agree. I do want to continue doing well in school, but do so without ending up doing it at the last minute and freaking out over it. Another thing is that I write with a weird style. I want to change my writing style so it is easier understood by others. To go along with that, I normally have my mom help me with editing my papers. I want to be able to see things that I need to change and be able to fix them. Hopefully, this will help me in college when my mom won't be there to help me!!:(

What I want to do after high school...
This is such a scary thought. I know that I will go to college, but I have no idea where or what I want to do. I have been thinking lately about this, and I think that I would like to work with children. I want to go to a college only a couple hours away, not too far away from home! After college...who knows!!

What am I doing to make this happen...
For my friends, I want to work on being happy for them and not becoming jealous. I also want to have fun with my friends without making fun of them. For school, I will try to not procrastinate with projects, so that I don't have to do it all at once. I think this will be easier once I get into the high school routine and also when tennis is over.

Olivia said...

Oh yea, happy birthday Allison!!!

Tucci said...

I haven't really thought about any goals for the school year yet. I normally just try to do my best and see what happens. I guess if I thought about it I would like to start paying more attention in classes I don't like. In the middle school I'd tend to zone out and think about something else during classes where I didn't like the teacher or what we were learning. My grades normally were a little lower in those classes, they weren't bad, but I could have done better.

My goals for the rest of highschool is to start doing some volunteer hours that would look good on a college application. I've thought about volunteering to help the road runners program. My cross country coach told me about how I can help them just by showing up and running with the younger kids.

After highschool I plan on getting a degree in college. I haven't decided what career I want to be in when I'm older, and I don't know what college I want to go to. While I'm in college I want to study abroad in Europe, maybe in Italy, Spain, or France.

Five years from now I will be 19 years old. Hopefully I will be in my second year of college by then. Other than that I'm not sure what will be going on.

There isn't really any way to make sure that I complete these goals besides reminding myself about them and trying not to procrastinate.

Audrey said...

My goal for this year is to be able to do my homework(work in general) faster. I,m pretty sure it takes me so long because of the way i write and because i cant spell. In the rest of my school years I plan to take as many advanced classes as I can manage. I also want to get involved in a couple clubs, that will alow me to have enough time to do my homework.
After highschool i'm going to go to college (but i dont know which one yet). I also don't know what i'm going to study there, but it will probably be something that has to do with science. Five years from now i will be nineteen and hopefully living closely to the college i am going to. i also want to have some kind of job so I have a little money of my own instead of use all my parents money. In order to acheive my goals I'm not going procrastinate(hopefully) and keep on reminding myself of my goals.

Anonymous said...

Not really good with the whole "goal" thing, but if I had to tell, I'd say finishing all my work and handing it in as soon as I could. Already getting a lot of homework and I'm finding it a little hard to keep up. Anyways I'll just have to cut a bunch of my free time out and work work...work. Usually I sit in my room and listent to music while I'm doing my work. A lot of projects, labs, essays to do it gets kind of annoying. So later years I want to do the same thing and find out a way to do my work without absolutly hating every minute of it (unless it's English homework which I don't mind doing, but usually do last because I do all the hard stuff first). In five years I'll be 19 =O. I'll be the youngest person out of all my friends, but it doesnt really matter. I want to do something creative, something that takes imagination to do it for a job. Im not really sure at the moment though. I like to draw and write, but sometimes I think Im just no good at it. Still, it's all I have on my mind so far for a job. I'm definantly getting a dog or cat or something when I move out of my parents place. I think that will be really soon after high school.

n!na said...

I'm not one to set goals but, I did set one for this year. My goal is to balance a job and school without my job affecting school. And so far I'm doing a pretty good job at it. My grades are good and work is going fine. As far as my goals for school, I just want to succeed.
After high school I want to take a break. For about six months. Maybe go see my family in Italy for a bit. Then just explore the world without anything to tie me down. Free spirit, yaknow? After college I want to rent a house, if it's possible, and start to establish myself as an adult. Get a good job I like and maybe even start a family. Five years from now? I don't know what I'll be doing or where I will be. And I'm glad I don't. I just wanna live day by day and take on whatever comes my way.
For all these goals to come true I'm just gonna have to work as hard as I can. I'm sure most of them will come but a few I'm not so sure of, like my job. But I'm working hard as it is, so those goals of mine seem like they should be easy to accopmlish.

Tori said...

Wow, I guess I can start by saying that I can't believe that I am finally in High School. It never really sank in until I started doing the summer reading project, and thinking "wow, this is actually for high school." It's crazy to think that 9 years of school have gone by now, and we only have 3 1/2 more to go.

I have always been looking forward to High School. Then, I get here and I was scared out of my mind. But, it's not that bad now that we have been here for a month. I have always had high set goals for myself for HS. I guess one of them is to actually do my work before the night it is due. I am really good at that. Sometimes, I can be the biggest procrastinator you will ever meet. Another goal is to not stress myself out so much. I mean, last year, I got a B on a project and flipped out. No, really, it was bad. I really need to prioritize.

One of my longterm goals is to not give up if something gets too hard at school. I know this is setting the bar really high, but I want to graduate with better than a 4.0 average. I have always strived for high grades, so I hope that I can make that happen. That goeas for collage too. But like I said, my goal is to not stress too much if I don't.

After High School I want to go to collage. Hudson Valley for two years, getting core classes out of the way, and then to travel for awhile, seeing what I want to do. I have always wanted to live in England, so I hope I will live there after collage.

I think that I need to be more organized in everything. Right now I have an activity of some sort going on every day of the week, including the weekends, so I have alot to handle. My school stuff is somewhat organized, I forget until the day before that I have a test/quiz in class the next day. (Which I often know about for weeks...) So I need to find a way to be organized. Hmmm... I think that is it. Priorities and organization are the two major things I need to succede in my goals.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a certian goal because I do try to challenge myself but I reaaly don't set goals. One thing that I just do all the work the best I can.For my high school career my goal is to graduate with an advanced regents dimploma and I hope I get into a good college. After high school I plan to go to college and be successful in whatever I go to college for.I will try my best and work really hard to make these reach my goals.

Anonymous said...

This year my goals and asperations are that i want to do go in school, because it counts more now then ever. Also one of my goals is that i want to play jv softball and i want to win most of my games for volleyball.

My goals and asperations for my school years are to become more fit in with the school like not disliking it anymore and just getting into the swimg of things better. Also that next year i want to have everysport i play until i graduate be varsity. And my last goal for my school years are that i do really good all four years so that i can get a scholarship for playing a sport.

Well what i see myself doing after highschool is going to college im not sure where i want to go but if i get a scholarship thats where i`ll go and hopefuly study psychology.

After college i want to be workign at a pshyc ward or for people who have problems liek that and be a dr. in clinical pshychology.

What im going to do to make my goals and asperations come true is that i just keep working hard and when i need help i get the help i need so that i can keep excelerating in what i need to do to get where i want to be.

Shannon said...

1. my goals and aspirations for this year are to keep up my grades as much as i can. even though that isnt going to well for me right now, im trying, im giving an effort. Some times i have other things to do, adn it doesnt leave me anytime to do my school stuff. Like on tuesdays and thursdays i have JV cheerleading and on mondays and wednesday i have to junior coach popwarner. Other times social things interfear with me. I really like to talk, and in some of my classes some of my friends are in there, and we tend to talk, more then we do work. but i really plan to keep my grades up. My other goals are to just stay out of the drama, and to just chill with my friends, and probably make new friends. but you never know how long friends are going to last, being in averill park and all. haha.



well. thats prettyy much it for my goals and what ever that toher word was. hahha...

<3333shannonn

Dan M said...

My goals and aspirations for this year is to get pretty good grades (B's or above hopefully.). I am also not trying to procrastinate nearly as much as I used to. I am really going to try VERY hard to get good grades, especially in Earth Science, because I have always been bad at Science.

During my high school years I will try to meet some new people and tryto get all A's (I doubt that is going to happen but I'll try.).

After, high school i see myself going to college, I'm not sure what college i want to go to right now, but I'll think of one. In college I want to become a vet. I dont know what I'll do after college besides looking for a job to become a vet.

I am going to do all of my homework to make my goals and asperations come true. I will also study for tests. Usually I dont study for tests at all, which is why sometimes i do poorly on tests.

dylan232 said...

Some goals I want to achieve this year is to pass all my classes with a B or higher. I want to make some new friends. For my school years I want to pass highschool with good grades so I can get into a good college. After highschool I want to go to Georgetown University or a music college or maybe a design college. After college I want to become a music producer or maybe a shoe/clothes designer for a major athletic brand. To achieve my goals I will work and and try my best and I will focus more.

~Dylan Klein

Anonymous said...

Jon Cretaro,

1. My goals for this year are that i want to not procrastinate and get my grades with the best of my abllilites.
2. My goals and asperiations i have ahd in the years of school are to pay more attention to the work and try to grasp it so i understand the concept. I really don't mind doing work but i do mind not knowing how to do it so now i have been asking questions more and paying more attention to the class work and notes and so far its been working really well.
3. After high school i am hoping to be a pilot because i am in The Civil Air Patrol so right now im getting earlie flight training. But if that fails then i will most likly go to the military, and it that also fails ill go to college right away. 5 years from now i see myself hopfully a commercial airlines pilot.
4. I am going to work really hard for my goals because no pain no game and i really want to achive them.

Jake Wicks said...

My goals for this year are to get good grades, start sprinting in track, and... other things.
For the school years my goals are to be a starter on the varsity team for my junior or senior year, break a sprinting record for my age group, get on to and stay on the principals list.
After highschool i see myself going to either HVCC or RPI for my masters degree in engineering, and possibly moving to a more tech-savvy area.
I will try my hardest to do good in school and sports. Im sad we cant blog anymore this i prolly my last response...

NIrwin said...

in my days at the high school i am planning on getting better at drawing and soccer and also to get good grades. The same goes for al my years at the high schools. I plane on going to cooladge and then after that becoming a game/ charector desighn for video games. i am going to work my hardest to make shure this comes true.

Katie said...

I have a lot of goals for this year, especially because it's my first year of high school. Well, this year I decided that I wanted to try some new things. I started tennis for the first time and I may try out for basketball again. Also, I want to get all A's this year and the following years of highschool.
In the next years of highschool I am not exactly sure what I will be doing. I want to make sure that I join clubs and things like that and I want to try something new each year. Also, I want to have a lot of fun and enjoy high school.
After high school I want to go on to college and possibly travel out of the country to explore new cultures. In college I want to study to be a teacher. I'm not sure what I will do after college but I'm interested in journalism and teaching.
I'm going to have to work hard, study hard, and stay determined to make my goals come true.

-Katie Schultz

Robert said...

Continued:

After High School I see my self holding a fairly normal job, maybe in engineering. It will definately be something that I find interesting though.

To ensure this happens I will take electives that interest me while in school to find something I "click" with.