Monday, November 19, 2007

Freaks and Geeks

In high school, whatever you clique you "belong" to is prettymuch who you are and will ever be to other kids. It determines where you sit at lunch and who you're friends with to everyone else who is not "part" of that clique. Cliques can impact how peope view you, as a person, in high school and beyond. I'm sure almost everyone belongs to a clique. I know I do.And every clique seems to have it's own symbol or maskot. It's weird how we can associate an entire group of people with just one object, image, or word. I don't believe that I have ever judged a person by the friends they have or who they hang out with. It's not my thing. I judge a person by their personality and attitude. I don't think that stereotyping has ever and will be good. It's a problem more than anything. Stereotyping hurts people and effects how they think about themselves and others around them.
My friends don't judge me at all, that's why I'm friends with them. Because they like me for who I am and not what I stand for or am viewed as. I look at the "ggek" group and think to myself "Wow, I really admire these kids. They take so much crap from everyone else but they keep on going and brush it off." I kind of look up to them. When someone says something about/to me, I flip. I get angry and can't handle it. But those kids just take it in stride and let it go.
I'm not too sure on who I consider my role model. But whoever it is would have to be strong willed, out going, funny, and is able to take a joke.