So it's vacation but I realized I forgot a big event for my soundtrack. So...
GETTING HIT BY A CAR! Okay, so it wasn't like I wasn't out of a car... I was in a car too but it still counts. I got into a car accident in November. Thanksgiving, to be exact. I've been through the details without everyone (most recently Tucker on Christmas aka yesterday...) but what pretty much happened was my dad was driving, my grandma was in the passenger seat, my brother was asleep on my left, I was in the middle, and my mom was on my right. We were going to go see Lars and the Real Girl (I NEVER GOT TO SEE IT!) and we were right on this intersection when the light turned yellow. I don't remember any background noise or anything. I didn't even see the car hit because it hit from the left and that's where my brother was sleeping. I only saw it when it hit the front of the car. My mom screamed so then I screamed. We got jerked to the right and we hit the curb. I screamed again. So then we hit a transfomer box and then I screamed. But my mom was already telling me it was over. It seemed like as soon as we stopped there was the guy outside of the car. The young, black guy with the ponytail I think I owe my life too. There was a funny gas smell in the car and he was knocking on the window, making sure everyone was okay and trying to get the doors open. The stupid Vue had automatic locks and we forgot so me and my mom started to freak out. We unlocked the doors and started to get out. Turns out, my brother couldn't open his door because we landed in a ditch of livewires and he was ontop of them. The guy told him and we got out and went across the street. Then, of course, we went to the hosptial and blahblahblah. This is hard but... Song choice: "So, In This Hour..." by The Rocket Summer. Nobody has any idea how much this song calms me down. At the end, there's this part where there's no singing, it's just his piano and the guitars and stuff. I listened to it on the way home from the hospital (in the car... no, not the same car. The Vue got totaled. We went home in the van) and despite the fact that I was crying, SITH made me calm down a lot more than I was before I listened to it. Everyone has a song that calms them down. This is one that makes me feel okay again. Always has, always will.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow- I am glad you are alright!!!
Post a Comment