Ever since I was in 5th grade I didnt care about what people thought about what i wear and what they think of me. For me 5th grade was a turning point in my life. I changed alot. Although i was young my mom tought me alot when i was homeschooled. Along with learing acedemices I also learned how people think and what it ment to be popular. My mom alwalys told me to have my own voice in what I do and that I shouldnt care about what people say. As Im writing this im wearing clothes that could be considered popular. Skate shoes, jeans, a cool shirt and a seatshirt over it. Some people at a glance would think that im just trying to fit in but in reality I like to wear this stuff. Some things I do seem weird to other people but I dont let my voice be quiet. Its pretty easy for me to act like I want to and do what I want.
At sometimes it can be hard to stand up for what I belive. If someone was to ask about my christian faith in a mocking way i would say that I was but try and end the convorsation. its not that I wont stand up for what I belive its that i dont feel like being bothered. But if someone was truly honest in asking me I would say yea but that convorsation can continue. Some people see me as a cool kid but at the same time weird. I talk to the geeks and the jocks. I see people that are jocks or the popular kids as narrow minded sometimes becuase they dont take the time to understand other people. This makes the lifes of the geeks and nerds hard. I dont care about what people think about me. I have friends that I want and I dont care what they wear or if there a popular kid or not. At the same time some people could call me hipocritical because I'm not friends with some of the unpopular kids but the truth is that probally the person is really annoying or i just dont like them.
If we dont value our voices then we are controled by the media. People are constantly reminded of whats cool and whats popular. If we dont stand out for what we want then everyone is the same. If we fall to other peoples voices and conform to the world then we are nothing. To be like everyone else is to be just anotheer person fllowing the media blindly. In the beginning of ferienhight 451 we see montag as a cool guy. We eventually realize that he is just doing rutine things and he isnt thinking for himself. As the book progresses we see montag start to question and eventually stand for what he belives. His belifes are different from other people and his voice is fighting others. If Montag were to stop standing for what he belives the story would end with him going back to work and forgetting his voice at home.
Although i dont like how Montag deals with this he keeps focused by getting away from the people that might change him and he tryes to confide in another person that thinks like him. This is what I do. If i dont like how someone is acting then i leave and try to find someone else. I have a shirt that says "do not be conformed by this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind." Romans : 1-2. This verse from the bible basically shows who I am. I can be in the world but i am not of it. my voice isnt shushed easyly and i could be called weird for it. The popular things can distract me sometimes. At times i find myself going " everyones doing it and having a good time" but then i realize that just because there doing it doesnt mean i have to.
The main thing that keeps ome on track is church and talking to God at home. My parents, friends, and sister are the most helpful people ive ever met.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment