Hi guys and gals.
Today I want you to consider . . . break. And summer vacation. Each word or phrase brings about a different set of emotions and thoughts. Why?
What did you looking forward to the most this break? What did you miss? What were plans? Did you even make plans or do you just enjoy the idea of . . .nothing. Sleeping late. Lounging in your PJs.
How does the feeling of 'break' compare to 'summer vacation'? Are there responsibilies? Chores? Jobs? Volunteering? Certain books you have put off to read for the summer? Places you want to visit you have put off?
Enjoy!
Mrs. Gaboury
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
February break i'm looking foward to goingto Maine with my cousin, and we're spending the entire week at a spa. then i'm comeing back and going to a party in bethlehem. i like breaks better than summer because you know your going back to see all your friends soon and once summers over you go back to school and if you talked to any seniors they wont be there anymore. I do love summer though because you dont have to go back to homework and drama. and i should be starting a new job this summer and i mett alot of new people so it should be fun.
Little breaks, like the one coming up, make me just want to relax and sleep in all the time. Summer vacation on the other hand, makes me think of being carefree every single day and doing what I please. This break, I look forward to finishing my room. Getting my new bed and seeing my niece. I also look forward to sleeping in. With my insomnia and the all nighters I pull so often, I could use the sleep. I think I'll miss being able to see everyone I know prettymuch everyday. I plan on seeing my brother very soon and hanging out with my lovely baby lion Emily this weekend. I do love just being lazy and fat and just staying home all day.
Break compared to vacation is like, nothing. On a break you know you have to go back to school come Monday, but with a vacation you have no little voice in the back of your head reminding you that you have to think about school. I always hope to go to Italy every summer. We don't always have the money but it's nice to see the family I have over there every once in a while. And sometimes my family comes to the U.S. They're so much fun to be with. And plus I love all of my cousins accents. And plus sometimes they bring cute friends :p
When i hear the word break, whether its spring or February I think wowwww... a week. Now, when I hear summer vacation I think, SWEETNESS all I have to do is hang out with friends, and that football season is only a little ways away. Honestly i prefer summer vacation to any break but winter break, because me love me christmas, and yes that was a weird way to put it.
What im looking forward to this break is hanging out, seeing the new movie Jumper, and I'd also like to go skiing. The only thing about summer vacation im looking forward to is getting a yob.
break and vacation give you to different emotions because when u think of break u think of it as a short time before u go back to school
this break i am looking forward to hanging out with some friends sleeping and playing guitar with my friends also. Maybe a car trip some where if we get bored enough. the feeling of summer vacation is so much better than break because it is better just because it is longer and care free as in break you only have a short time.
Durring break im looking forward to seeing my family in NC, and going to NYC and GEIWP (great escape indoor water park =P) with my bestfriend milan =]
I will really miss my boyfriend, and i will miss tyler and him crippled ness :) haha
for about 2 days im going down to NYC and then im going to the great escape with milan and its ganna be super radd :]
I do like the idea of doing absolutley nothing, and just chill in my PJs but i got people to see and things to do... yah nahh meann?
Break compaired to summer vacation is like... totally different. because like break isnt more exciting, but there are more things to do in such a short amout of time, its like a super rush of energy... like i really cant wait for spring break, im going to Mertel Beach, and stuff...
Durring summer vacation i have alot of responsibilities, and i have alot of shores and jobs to do.
at the end of the summer, i will ahve made about 1000$ and im super excited for that. i make 100$ a week. i want to go to NC this summer. for like.... ever
well thats pretty much it.
i love ya mrs g! =]
<3shannon
Breaks are awesome. I love being able to sleep in till whenever you want, or not even waking up at all. the first day of break, I slept 22 hours. I woke up around 11:30, had lunch, and went back to sleep. Of course, I had to get up almost every day to work on the roof with my dad, but that's ok.i made some money, and that's cool. Now I can spend it on clothes and shoes. I really liked coming home, grabbing a shower, and just relaxing. I think it is so cool that you can just relax and do whatever you want.
My break was okay. I didnt really do much. I mostly stayed home in my pajamas and did pretty much nothing (but read of course! haha). I did do things with my cousins on some days. I went shopping and to see the movie 27 Dresses with them. It was a really really good movie. I think 'Break' is a time where you can get out of school and basically do nothing. Then when I think about 'summer vacation' I feel you have to do more things. Sure you can go on vacation somewhere but when you get back you have to start to think about school and responsibilites. Especially during the long time you have for summer vacation there are more things that you need to do to take up your time. It's hard to sit home in you pajamas for a whole season compared to just a week. Threrefore I like summer vacations better.
Break I am most looking for no school and nnot doing anything cause it is my week off. And I just slept.
Break and vaction or totaly different. I think this because break you get a break from school and vaction you are out of school for awhil and not just a break. There are some responsibilies like keeping my room clean and stuff and I want to get a job cause i need money cause i got no money. And books to read I don't know i don't really want to read any hard books and don't want to read easy books so maybe a book that looks good.
This past break, I looked forward, simply, to a break from school. I knew I would be sleeping late during the break, as well as "lounging in my PJs." I was especially looking forward to seeing my dad during the break, because he only comes up from Virginia a couple times every few months. We played Boggle alot, and talked alot, so I left the vacation happy. However, I would like to mention that at the end of the vacation I suffered my now-normal post-vacation depression.
In comparison to a summer break, obviously I look forward to a summer break more than a week-long break during school. During the summer, I get to be outside and have a lot of fun. However, I plan on volunteering this summer, so it might not be quite as enjoyable. I haven't put off any books to read during the summer because I haven't the willpower =D. I usually visit my relatives a few times, but they visit my house during the summer because it is a good temperature. Summer has only one responsibility that looms over my head for the whole time, and that is summer reading (curse it) and I've kind of grown used to it.
In any case, we have a 5 day weekend (staff development days), so I'll get to enjoy yet another break. Still, breaks are never long enough. Just... One... More... Day...
Before break i did not get a chance to really look foward to it. I became sick about a week before break and it lasted almost all of break. Although i was sick i did still make it to snowmobiling and hang out with my girlfriend. i also ruined break for my family as i got them sick as well. For me. mid-school breaks are much more cherished then summer becuase summer wears off after a while while during breaks every single day is cherished and loved. For responsibilties, my chores dont change much in breaks and summer so breaks still provide so much more time then school. Overall i love breaks and i hope im healthy for the next one.
This break i anticipated most being home and not having to go to school. i love being able to sleep in and not worry about having to get ready to go to school.
I like summer vacation way better than break. It is longer and i have more time over summer vacation to put off my work than i do in break. Over summer vacation ther eis also more things to do. It is hot out so you can do more fun activities outside.
Also summer vacation is for a much longer period of time, it is just so much better than break.
This break i anticipated most being home and not having to go to school. i love being able to sleep in and not worry about having to get ready to go to school.
I like summer vacation way better than break. It is longer and i have more time over summer vacation to put off my work than i do in break. Over summer vacation ther eis also more things to do. It is hot out so you can do more fun activities outside.
Also summer vacation is for a much longer period of time, it is just so much better than break.
Post a Comment