Tuesday, June 24, 2008

First the came for..../Day of Silence

Ack, sorry :( blogs have been the last thing on my mind recently.

Hm. I don't really want to pick dear old Atticus Finch, because that's who almost everyone else is picking. Oddly enough, in all the books I can think of right now, I can't think of a single character who stood up for the underdog - only underdogs who stood up for themselves, or at least who were able to bear the onslaught with their heads held up high. Sigh. I'll use Atticus then.

Atticus Finch believed in the rights of others, and he followed through on his beliefs. Even though he was risking his own life, he believed that one man who stood up for the downtrodden would leave an impression on anyone he could get to notice him. I definitely admire him for having the courage to do that, because goodness knows it isn't easy. I'm not very good at standing up for anything - I get so nervous, and I'm so afraid that people will see me in the wrong light. I am so glad that there are people with that courage, though, because it helps us who don't gain it.

Sorry this is so short, but I really don't have a lot to write on this topic. My opinions are as stated above and I don't know what else I can add.

--Ali

No comments: