Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Day of Silence

I think that a day of silence is kind of stupid. Why do we need to draw attention to the fact that "johnny" does or doesn't support gay rights. I think that we as a nation are too woried about not stepping on anyone's toes that wecan't accomplish anything spectacular. Taking this a step further than just gay rights, I want to take this to stupid things I have seen in general. Recently, My favorite college basketball team, the Syracuse Orangemen had to drop the "men" and become the "orange". All because ''men" is too sexist. And the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, in the MLB had to change their name to the "Rays", because Devil is offensive. What is the world coming too, where everyone is afraid to say anything, for fear of stepping on someone's toes?? This is why I get mad when some people say "oh, that's politically incorrect." Well, I don't care if it is politically incorrect or not because I am not political. I don't spend all day worrying about what every single person will think about me.

Peace,
Christian

No comments: