Monday, June 2, 2008

Time is Money

I don't really have a favorite quote, but I do have a quote I would like to reflect on, and it is a simple one by I-don't-know-who: "Time is money." Yes, that is the quote. "Time is money." Now, before you go and say, "Tyler, of all the quotes you could have picked, you picked that selfish one dealing with money?" Nay! I say. Nay, I picked the one that represents the mindset of today's world. People are busybodies, wrapped up in their own agendas, to uncaring to the things happening around them, the people that are needing around them, to care. That is stereotypical, though. To be fair, there are those who are quite selfless, but many people show at least some of this undesirable quality of selfishness. At face value, the quote "Time is money" means just that, and it seeks to express the value of time, but here, I'm trying to say that rather, because we are talking about something being money, it is revealing of humanly greed.

So, what about greed and giving, selfishness and selflessness? Personally, I believe that being selfish is a bad thing, but being selfless is also bad. One has to make time for themselves such that they can enjoy there own lives, but make time for other people so that others can enjoy their lives as well. So how does this relate to the quote? Well, logically, if giving your money to people is considered charity, then so is giving your time to people because time is money. One has to make room for those that need money (time). This is the most unorganized blog I've ever written, I think, but alas, my point stands.

~Tyler

No comments: