Monday, January 14, 2008

Extra Credit

The book I am currently reading is F451 by Ray Bradbury. I personally think that the book is so-so. I wouldn't say that I don't like it, but at the same time I won't say that I love it. It is interesting in the way that it is some what suspenseful in parts and that the author goes into great discription about the surroundings in the book. Although some parts are long and not very exciting to read. Besides those parts I think that the ideas expresses in the novel like growing ignorance are true and catch my atention. The book has made me think about how people arn't told about all the things they should know about. Also, how some people don't even care enough to pay attention to what is going on. I've also seen that the worst this issue gets the more people who care push to try and change what is happening. That part makes me believe that the problems in Fahrenheit 451 won't reach to be as severe in real life. This book should be used in school to help encourage people to look at what is happening around them. As a free reading book I would say that this book would be more entertaining with people who like to think about life and have the patience to stay concentrated even on the slow going parts of the book.

No comments: