Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Earth Day

Earth Day is one of those few holidays that we don't take school off for that I actually know of.When I was in elementary school my entire class used to go out by the edge of the playground and plant a baby tree every year. Well, they weren't quite baby trees just big saplings. Anyway, when I walk by my old school every now and then I notice how much they have grown. It's kind of a nice feeling to see them and I think that it is a good tradition. Unfortunately I was really busy this year and didn't do much to celebrate. Instead I've made it a goal for myself to try and conserve energy and save resources. I already turn off the water when I brushed my teeth, but I had a bad tenedency to leave the lights on after I'd left a room. Besides changing that, I started bringing Vitamin Waters from home so that I could drink them before lunch and drop them off in the recycling bin in Mrs. Boulays room. I have her class before lunch. Also, my family has been good about buying stuff made from recycled materials. I think that Earth Day is an important day of the year and is worth celebrating and recognizing. If everyone helps a little bit it will add up to be a lot.

No comments: