Thursday, November 15, 2007

Family Traditions

Ha, that's kinda funny. (Not in a mean way.) I was just talking about family traditions with my mom yesterday. We talked about the fact that my dad finally has a house of his own that is big enough to support the family for Thanksgiving dinner, whereas before, he always lived in small apartments and we always ate Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house. Now we are eating it at his house this year, and it feels like such a strange thing. I am so used to having dinner at my grandma's house, that it is like... wierd to have it anywhere else. My mom says that that is what happens when you break a tradition that you are used to for so long. It just feels different.



Traditions are created when a certain action or talk are used over and over again around the same time of year, creating a ritual. At least that's what I think. Traditions are something that unify a family and create a time when everyone is doing the same thing, therefore creating a "family bonding". :] Some examples are: always going to a certain place on a holiday and making a food item together, or listening to "gramdma got run over by a raindeer" on X-mas eve with your grandma, (hee hee, that's another one of mine.) They can be little things that may seem insigificant to other people, but mean a lot to the family, or they can be large things involving the community.


UMM>.......... Ok, I have to go now bye