Wow! I totally forgot about this Mrs. G! And if its too late, I understand, but Ill still do it. Soundtrack! This is gonna be tough.
1) New Years! I'm gonna go with "We are the Champions". I had an awesome time new years, and I felt that I had overcome some goals that I had set the previous year, so I felt like a conqueror. I was really proud and myself, and just felt good.
2)January-March. During this time period, I was getting back on track, pulling out of a school slump, and fixing some friendships that were long over due. I think the chorus from Free's "All Right Now" works, because, it was all right, and it had the same kick butt feel as I had.
3) Nifty Fifties. I'm gonna chose "Rock Around The Block" from the show, not only because it's from it, but because the song is about having fun. And that's exactly what happened during the show. I got to hang out with some of my best friends, act, sing, wear a sparkly jump suit and a Hugh Hefner Esq robe. We also had a lot of awesome jokes! ("You're straight as a whistle" -that's to my dearest Matt McFadden and Kelly Moak).
4) March-June "Eye of the Tiger" This was the homestretch for Middle School, and I was plowing right through. My different friend groups seemed to bond, and we were a team. We were on the ball, getting good grades, and having a lot of fun.
5) Graduation "I've Loved These Days" by Billy Joel, because I really did love being at Algonquin, and I don't think my peers give it enough credit. We all know we had a blast there, and that it shaped us to be the "responsible, mature" people we are now. Anyway, I've always looked back at those days fondly.
6) Summer "Revolution 9" Not so much the lyrics or the concept of the song. But the feel. Long. Monotonous. Boring. Kind of like Moby Dick. I honestly am having trouble remembering more than three exciting things. Which brings me to August.
7) Steven goes Bye Bye "The Long and Winding Road" This was the most sad I had been in a while. Steve and I had really gotten close lately, and he was going away. The song is about to me is about looking back at what you've been through with a person, which I was doing a lot of, and mostly, I was proud of it.
8) Coping with no Big Brother home "A Quick One While He's Away" I enveloped myself with this Who song. It made me really happy during a time when I was having a lot of no brother, friendshipy problems. It still gets me through a lot.
9)Sometime in September "Superman" by Lazlo Bane During this time, I had someone that I wasn't too close to, come to me with a huge problem, and it put a ton of stress on my shoulders. The song is about only being able to do so much. I eventually worked it out.
10) October-New Years "More Than A Feeling" Well, the years over! And around this time I became obsessed with this Boston gem. Its just very spiritual for me. I don't know whether it's the lyrics, or the feel, but I just feel the song now a days. If that makes sense. I promise I'm not tripping. I'm not into Drugs.
Well there was my extremely uneventful year. But this blog made me appreciate the first half of the year. And dislike the second half. Oh well! -Peter
PS Im gonna add Summertime Blues to the Summer portion of this, because summer seemed rather unfair to me, and I didnt get my fair share O' fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ok you know what? your late with this blog soo im gonna have to send out my super crazy awesome tree ninjas on you so next time post this on time...NOOB!
Post a Comment