Monday, January 21, 2008

This is my-really-very-late-I’m-sorry-Ms.-Gaboury-blog-post.

2007 was an extremely big year in my life. It seems to me that it was a year of immense growth and maturing. Looking back it kind of seems like I was drifting through life before, but I finally seem to have caught a hold of something. I’ve secured a true group of friends for the first time of my life and things are beginning to click. My forgetfulness is starting to disappear, I can finally begin to put 2 and 2 together, and the world is making sense now. I don’t know, maybe I am babbling on but it seems true to me. “stoner moment” It’s almost like… my consciousness has risen to some higher level, things are like, becoming clear and I’m becoming aware of them. Its also been a very eventful year and I have learned and experienced more than I seem to have ever before. Things like my first real concert, my first r movies, health-consciousness, and the ability to truly think things through have suddenly occurred to me along with many more events over this last year. (On a geeky note, the video game industry is better than ever baby!). I would not only say that 2007 was a good year, but that it was my best year. For this soundtrack thing, let me think, possibly “Land of Confusion” by either Genesis or Disturbed (Disturbed did a remake). This song reflects to me how there are so many people and so many opinions in the world that perfect harmony is no longer possible and everyone is living in a constant state of tension as to what problem will end the world first. However it also talks of hope that the new generation could fix it. I have thought about things like this over the past year and am still trying to work through the hormones and solidify a solid set of beliefs.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Woo! I love that song! Sooooo much!

Actually, I've only heard the Genesis version, but oh well. It is an awesome song :P

--Ali

V. Gaboury said...

Very cool--10