Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More Extremely Extremely Vast Lateness - This Time About '07

Oh, dear. Silly me. Blowing off my blogs, again. Well, anyway - events of 'o7.

Numero Uno: I!!!! WENT!!! TO!!!! JAPAN!!!!!!
I could write an entire post on this one. Seriously, I could. But I'll just sum it up for now. It was my first time out of the country, my first time out of the time zone, and for goodness' sakes it's a TRIP! It was absolutely amazing, I loved it, I did so many awesome things. Anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who wants to learn s'more about it should feel free to talk to me any time! I'd love to share my stories!

Song: *scratching head* ummm.....I dunno.....Japan and its vast wonderfulness is too hard to figure out with my limited knowledge of songs. I suppose I shall choose a Japanese song (gee, I wonder why?). I'll go with Hikari E (To The Light) by The Babystars, because the lyrics (when translated) are about going on a journey, and searching for your dreams, so I feel like it kinda fits.

The Second One: I'm not sure if my long-term memory is entirely correct, but it seems as if '07 was the first year that I really experienced death. Approximately half of the dogs (and one cat) that I knew died this year (but not my adorable poochie, thank goodness), whether from accidents or just from old age and sickness. Also, the husband of a close friend of my mother's from Long Island (that's where I used to live), who had been fighting a brain tumor for about a year, passed away. Of course, I found that out on the same day that I found out that I hadn't made Anything Goes, so needless to say that day sucked.

Song: I'm baffled......again....do I even know any songs about death? I would say "Angel", by Eurythmics, except for the fact that I hate and despise that song. I guess "Everybody Wants To Rule the World" by Tears for Fears, just because it's kind of a desperate and sad song about humankind (but I still love it).

3/San/Tres: High school, man. Just moving up 1 year in school can make such a difference. High school is bigger, (mostly) better, and has great classes. It's also a big step in a person's life, to move up a grade and suddenly be in this different place. It feels like I've grown up a lot just by leaving Algonquin.

Song: Can't think of one. The transition is pretty much indescribable, and I'm not enough of a music guru to know a song for it. Sorry!

The Number Formerly Known as Four: This isn't strictly limited to 2007, but I love my friends!!!! They rock. In '07, they helped me to actually (gasp!) have fun at the Hollyball in December, and I was actually able to cut loose and dance for once. They help me, and I try to help them. They are indescribably awesome. I looooooooove all you guys soooo much!

Song: You're My Best Friend, by Queen : self-explanatory :P

1000/25=40 40*2=80 80/16=5 : Humm....trying to think of something else....what if 2007 wasn't really a year of consequence for us? Besides Japan and the other things mentioned here, not many exceptional things happened to me last year. Though I did start reading the Hungry City Chronicles, which, now that I have finished them, have become my favorite books ever. I read a lot of other good things this year, like Harry Potter 7 (I almost typed Harry Potty) and the Twilight trilogy. I suppose, though, that my 5th event will just be living. All of the seemingly unimportant things gradually add up, and I'll see what they become later in '08. But I'm grateful for '07, just because I got the chance to live in it and experience the good things and the bad.

Song: The Prophet's Song ~Queen Because it's my favorite song.


Love and happy (late) New Year,

~~~--Ali

3 comments:

V. Gaboury said...

Very thoughtful for one so late. :-)
10

kit said...

i love you too alison

Peter said...

Kudos for the love of Queen! I would love to discuss them with you!