Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day of Prayer

OK, I never heard of this thing until it was mentioned in this post. And it kind of annoys me. I mean, I have no problem with other people being religious, but I am NOT because that's just not the way I was raised. So the fact that we're having an entire day just for people to pray means pretty much nothing to me. I really don't think that schools should celebrate it or anything, simply because there are people like me who don't pray, and who don't want to because they don't have any idea what it entails.

The thing in the actual question about whether we'll be extra tolerant of people who don't pray kind of annoyed me. There are actually some people in this class who don't! I don't know if this is what you are trying to do, but it seemed as if you were assuming we are all good Christians here.

Though it happened ages ago, it seems, I am pretty sure that that day was full of homework.

--Ali

No comments: