Friday, May 23, 2008

Action, reaction, consequence, reparation

Can the good things a person does make up for the bad things? Well, that depends on what the bad things are. If one were to refer to Stalin, the good things he did (industrializing Russia, helping to defeat Hitler) do not make up for the millions and millions of people he killed during his regime, the ends just don't justify the means. However, hypothetically if someone had killed Stalin before he had killed all those people, I would say that killing one man is justified if it saves millions of people.



Now, about the natural disasters in China, Burma, and Myanmar, I think that the United States should be helping, and i think it is trying to, but i know that in Burma, the government is not allowing the united States' aid workers to distribute the supplies. It is good that we are not forcing them to allow us in their country, but it is obvious that their people need more aid, that their government cannot or will not distribute. So, obviously our country is in a difficult position of wanting to help but not being able to, if we were to force their government to allow us to help in aid distribution that would defeat the purpose, and if we deny them aid if they don't allow us in their country it would mainly harm the people that need the aid. It is difficult to know what to do at these times, if I were in power, I wouldn't know what to do, it's so frustrating that suffering people cannot recieve aid because of a paranoid government, they should at least let organizations like the red cross in. I suppose I would probably try to give as much aid as possible, in the the hope that people in need would benefit from it.

No comments: