Friday, May 23, 2008

A Quote of Love

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” - Dr.Seuss


It is hard to pick a favorite quote, but this is definatly on my top five. This quote just explains that feeling you get when you are in the beginning of a relationship. It sums up the butterflies, the constant smile, the day-dreaming about the other person (wondering, "Are they thinking about me too?"). I know I am only fifteen, but I don't think that there is an age requirement on love. I don't think that once you are considered an adult, then you can finally experience it. I think that there are different degrees of love. There is a "puppy-love", which is when people are young and careless, and totally happy to have met the other person. There is the love bond that marriage creates, but that is something I have not yet experienced. From what I've seen with my mom and dad, it seems to me, like despite everything that goes wrong, all the arguments over responsibilities of work, paying the bills, taking care of the kids, etc. you can get through it because you love that person, and you know they will be there for support.


So yes, there are different degrees of love in my opinion, and therefore I do believe I've been in love. I can realte to this quote, because there have been times when there is someone in my life that makes me so happy, I can't fall asleep. I'm thinking of him...his voice, his smile, the thing he last said to me, or whatever it may be...but for once it seems like the reality of our relationship is better than a dream, that may not be real. Knowing that the love I feel is real, and true, is the best feeling in the world.


Dr. Seuss is one of my idols, and this is an amazing quote by him. I know it doesn't have crazy words unknown to the English dictionary...but it speaks to my heart. <3

No comments: