Friday, May 23, 2008

Peter Keller

"One is not born into the world to do everything but to do something..."
Henry David Thoreau, poet, writer, philosopher
This is a very important quote. It holds true to the whole world, and personally to me at this moment in time. I've been busy because I've tried to do too many things. In school and extracurricular activities have been giving me no time to just chill. But this quote tells me to just take things one step at a time, because I can't do everything at once. The same applies to everybody. No matter how much you want to help with something, for yourself or for others, you can't do too much at once, because nothing will get done, but you can do something for someone. Take it one step at a time, and you'll be fine. This quote is not only suggesting that you should take it easy, but that it is your right, duty, and privilege to do something for others. In order to expect help, you need to help others, and it sounds cliched, but that's really what makes the world go around. I can't think of more things to say, as I'm not in a philosophizing mood right now. But, yea. Rev. Peter Keller

No comments: