Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry this is so late. Life just kinda got in the way, ya know? But anyways... I think if I had to switch places with someone, it would have to be with... hmm... probably someone from another country that is less fortunate then people in this country. Like, someone from Pakistan, maybe. And I say this because I am doing a current event project for social studies on Pakistan, and what is happening there right now is totally out of control. I think it would be interesting to see how people get by over there with a government that is falling ever faster toward Anarchy. Being able to understand what these people have to deal with on a regular basis.
It would also be pretty cool to see how their culture is different from ours. I mean, there are big differences, such a religious prefrences, but little things, like what they talk about at dinner, or what is important to them. I think that Americans tend to be more materialistic and technlogically based then people in other countries. I mean, we look at countries like... lets say... Ecuador, (i dont know, first country to come to mind...) who do not have the advancements in technology like we have, and they seem to be getting along alright without them. I don't know, I just think it would be kinda cool to see what it is like not to be like we are here.
But I have to be honest and say that I could only spend about a day there, because their government makes me soo angry that I think I would either end up assassinated, like Benazir Bhutto, or exiled from the country. no joke.
Anyway, that's my shpeil on switching places... not the best thing i have ever written, but it's there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment