Well, I think *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*
Censorship, like communism, is one of those things that works in theory - but not in real life. Still - I do agree with some forms of it. If you don't want your 3-year-old watching TV shows in which people stab each other repeatedly with knives and say f*%# every other word, then go ahead - turn on the parental controls. But sooner or later, someone is going to walk by on the street swearing their head off, or one of the kid's friend's older brothers is going to be playing Grand Theft Auto while he or she is over at their house. You can hide it from them when they're young, but you can't protect anyone forever.
We wouldn't need censorship if people were smart enough to make their own decisions - in most cases, anyway. It's up to YOU whether or not you read or even flip through that book which appears to be about gang wars and squabbling prostitutes. In my opinion, books don't need to be censored, because they are physical things that you pick up out of your own free will. Same thing with stuff like video games, because it's YOU who plugs in that console - no one is making you do anything (unless of course you happen to accidentally walk by while someone is playing, in which case - blame them and don't buy the game.). Stuff like music and TV, though should be censored when it's on the radio or on public channels, just in case someone happens to be flipping through the stations and sees (or hears) something they shouldn't. But THAT wouldn't apply if we didn't have those inappropriate songs and programs. It's all just for entertainment anyway - we don't really need them. If you WANT to watch the unrated version, then buy the DVD.
I don't follow politics, and nor do I follow a religion, so I can't really give an opinion of their censorship if I don't even know what's happening. How do you censor religion anyway? Is it the sort of feeding-Christians-to-the-lions thing? I honestly have no clue.
Well anyway,
Ali
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment