Friday, May 9, 2008

I would choose...

A)

If given the choice to live forever and do nothing special, or to live for a 'moment' and do something that changes the world...I would most definatly live for a moment and change the world. I love life, but I have no desire to live forever. I think that it is wasteful to go throughout life without taking risks, making the most out of your time, and making a difference. I don't know how long a 'moment' would be, but I am guessing longer than a minute, because in order to make a change in this world, you have to realize the problem you want to fix, and work to fix it. The point of this would be that one could not hold back in working to fix this issue in the world. They must risk everything (their life) for the right of the cause. I would do this.


A person that did this in real life, was Martin Luthur King Jr. He was never given the choice to "live forever" but becaUse of his fight for civil rights, he lost his life, and in doing so he changed the world. I know that if given the chance, he wouldn't change his ways, and he still would have fought for his dream. Martin Luther King Jr wanted African Americans to be accepted in society and equal to white people. He didn't use fighting or force to show people his views, he just used his powerful words. And he was shot, for fighting for the right thing. But he is honored and respected to this day, because he took a risk and changed the world.