This is so weird. I just watched "Tuck Everlasting" last night (it's a good movie, ok?). That's pretty much the theme of the movie.
Personally, I'd rather have changed the world and die tomorrow than live forever on the earth. I think of this picture (it might sound a little cheesy, but deal with it) : The world is kind of like a giant pool of water; all the tiny drops: people moving this way and that. Sometimes it's a raging sea; other times it's a clear lake in the cool of the quiet morning. I like to picture my life as a pebble being "thrown" into the water... my "ripples" spreading over the entire world. One small pebble, my small life, moving the world...
Cheesy?... Sorry. Right now I'm listening to "The Water Buffalo Song" (I don't know why I just included that). Anyway, my life is God's and I want Him to touch peoples' hearts through me. I don't need nor do I want an eternity on earth when with God I can change so much in my pebble of a lifetime. I'd way rather spend eternity in Heaven than in earth, anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a beautifully written book too.
and who would you choose?
oh...oops- didn't read the rest. i would choose...um...yeah- the person for my research paper: Rachel Scott.
She already knew that her life would be shortened, but she also knew that her life would somehow impact lots of people. And it did. Her story has spread across the country and her hands have "touched millions of peoples' hearts", as she knew it would. She was a blessing to the people around her through her actions and tried her best to live her life for God each day that she lived. Although she knew that she wouldn't have long to live, she never knew which day was her last. Really, none of us know what day is our last- I could die tomorrow, you could die tomorrow, anyone could. None of us have long to live at all so we need to make the small changes in the world for the better. Everyone can do something... :)
Post a Comment