If I had a choice between living forever, and doing nothing, or living for a moment and changing the world, I'd live for the moment. Even if I only made a small difference, I would at least have an impact. If I were to live forever, I'd learn so much, and to be unable to put those lessons to use would kill me (not literally). Living foreverwould mean I would have to live on after all my family and friends die, I would be soooo depressed, and even if I had previously wanted to use the lessons I learned I would probably lose my motivation if everyone I knew died. Also, knowing I have one chance to get everything right makes me want to try that much harder to make a positive impact on the world.
One person that changed the world even though he will probably not live forever is Al Gore. He has made a huge impact on our country's view on the environment with just one movie. It made people more aware about what was happening outside their own little bubble, and made them realize that if they weren't directly affected by global warming , than their children or grandchildren would be. Also, that it is each person individual responsibility to make the Earth a better place to live, that there is only one Earth, and we're the ones that've screwed it up and we need to be the ones that fix it so that other generations and other species don't suffer for our mistakes. If he had the option to live for ever and never have had made any impact I doubt he would choose to do so. Life is meant to be conditional, that's what makes it exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment