If I was stranded on an island, I would want but a few things. Just me, Hillary Clinton, and a flail for each of us. A gladiator match to the death would ensue, and one of us would remain supreme. Heh, kidding, gotta get that needless ragging on Hillary in every post, though.
Seriously though, I would want to get off of that island. Life is too short to be alone on an island. However, I do not have a helicopter or a boat fit for seafaring, so I would have to pick somethings that could help me get rescued, as well as something to keep me entertained. I would also need something to keep me alive.
So, the first thing I would want would be a case of water. One can not live without hydration, and something tells me that the people on Lost were not stuck on an island surrounded by fresh water. As such, I would want a case of bottled water to keep my hydrated for an extended period of time. I'm sure I could find food in the surrounding environment, be it fish or coconuts, but fresh water is a thing many take for granted, and I wouldn't want to be making that mistake. My life is too important to me.
The second thing I would need is a box of matches. This would aid in the rescuing aspect of things. If I could find things to burn, I could just light them up and hope someone finds me. I'm assuming I'm not stuck on a 10x20 mound of sand in the middle of nowhere, but if I am I would have to burn my hair or something. Surely, you'll say, "But Tyler, can't you just rub sticks together to get fire?" Well, no I can't. I couldn't do that for the life of me. So, a box of matches is, thus, my second pick.
My third pick would be a baited ocean fishing pole. I have only been picking things I actually have, so this has been tough. However, I decided a fishing pole could be productive and fun at the same time. If I lose the bait, I'm screwed. Until then, though, I can get my food from the surrounding water as I wait for rescue.
Hmmm.... A person to bring with me? I don't know. On the one hand, I would want to be with someone I like, but then I wouldn't want them to suffer with me. I think that I would want to be stuck on the island with no one. Being stuck with someone I like would mean causing them to suffer, and being stuck with someone I didn't like would mean having to share or defend my limited resources. As such, I would want to be completely stranded, alone.
Such an experience would obviously change me. I would most likely not take technology or other such amenities for granted. I would probably find fresh water and fish to taste a hell of a lot better. Additionally, I would perhaps develop some to some level a fear of isolation. After being stranded for so long I would fear going back to such a state. Oh yeah, I also might become a bit pyromaniac, what with the matches.
So, I'm stranded on an island, and these are the things I'd bring. I think I had sound reasoning for all of the items. Either way, I would wish such a horrible fate on no one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment