Friday, March 14, 2008

As as a leader I think that people like spitzer should be held to higher expectations. Now I know that all people are human, and all humans make mistakes. But I believe that leaders should be an example to the people.

I think everybody is entitled to a private life. But when you are breaking the law that is a different story. As an American citizen you are free to do as you please within a certain amount of guidelines, and when you break the rules you are entitled to punishment regardless of your status. And most of the time when you break the rules it will not be a private matter.

As I said before. Having a position in government does not excuse you from the law. And I do not believe that a person in that position is not fit to be a leader when he is breaking laws that are in a sense his job to enforce. Having such an important position unfortunately puts you in a position where you are considered above anyone else, but when this person does not abide by the laws setup by the government, that person is not fit to be a a leader or person of that much important and influence.

I do not think teachers should take kids home life into consideration when grading. That is not because i am a jerk. I say that because most bosses in the "real world" are not going to take that into consideration. In school we are being prepared for the "real world" and in the "real world" your boss is not going to higher you if you are not able to do your job right because of personal matters.

No comments: