[sarcasm brackets]
We should not hold our leaders to higher standards of acting. Kings, leaders, scandalous governors, none of them have any impact whatsoever on their people. They aren't setting examples. They simply fill a role, and no one tries to emulate them, no one looks up to them. Who ever heard of idolling a leader?
And of course our heroes and leaders should not have private lives. It isn't like they are people or anything. They should be dragged out on the street and forced to divulge all of their deep dark secrets. Constitutional rights be damned, they should have no right to liberty. A private life is for we exclusive middle-class citizens.
Their governing skills should not be based on what they do in their private lives. If they are abusive towards their children, who cares? They can lead. If they can't manage to keep a relationship with someone, who cares? That doesn't mean they can't relate to their people right? If they shag a coworker, who cares? It isn't like they're going to lie to their people about with a definite "I did not have sex with that woman." If they are privately insane, they can still lead, surely.
Similarly, teachers should grade people without consideration of their private lives. Their dad died, F. Their arm rotted of due to leprosy, F. Their school stuff was stolen, F. Their head exploded, F. Their private lives could not possible hinder their grades. Their attitude could not be based on what happens to them in their personal lives surely.
[/sarcasm brackets]
Sarcasm aside, I think as a general principle, people should have private lives, politicians included, that should be considered when judging their performance in their careers. If they can not handle a private life, perhaps they should not be handling other peoples' lives. If they are having trouble at home and are not doing their best because of it (say a relative died), then they should be offered some chance to heal or get over that problem before people start judging them. Additionally, I feel that, in relation to the school system, I have this to say: "Don't fix what isn't broken." Then again, I'm not a teacher, so perhaps it is broken and I just don't know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment