Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Break vs. Summer Vacation

Break was fabulous! It was very relaxing. I bowled with some friends, and then we went back to my house and had dinner and stuff. It was fun. We played Ghost in the Graveyard...good times.... I also watched Project Runway a lot. Thanks to my mom, we taped like...every episode.

When I hear summer vacation, I think sunshine, no homework, (except for those summer reading projects) and swimming. Also sleeping. But when I think of breaks, I think lounging around and doing homework that evil teachers assign us. I have to do chores normally, and I don't really get more chores when I have free time. I don't voulenteer. I babysit my sister and my neighbors sometimes which is fun. Summer vacation and breaks are two different things for me. Summer is longer of course, and you have more time to hang out with friends and just take a break from the craziness school is. Most of the pressures of school are lifted, and its a good time to relax.

Breaks are a smaller, less sunny version of summer, and I'm always thinking about school and homework, and what I need to get done. Summer vacation is a LOT more uplifting than breaks. But when you take a vacation away form home over breaks, like to Disney World or the beach, thats a WHOLE different story...

1 comment:

Holly said...

This is Sara...not Holly. I COMPLETELY agree with you...except for the Disney World part because I've never been there. Hopefully someday I'll know exactly what you're talking about. Love Ya Hun!