Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Breaks

Pretty much all I think when I hear 'break' or 'summer vacation' is sleep. I don't get enough of that. Well, other things too. I never have time anymore to read long books, or play video games, or make experimental cookies.
Both my parents work full time, so I have to babysit my sister every weekday, and we never have plans because of that. If any of my friends make plans, I can't go unless we can get cover for her (or if it's on the weekend). And no one ever makes plans anyway. I'm not always able to have people at my house. Basically, breaks all stink - we still have homework during them. I don't do many chores, I don't have a job and I don't volunteer. I forget to eat meals and I never have anything to do.
Summer vacation is fun at first, but I still end up nearly suffocating from boredom after a week or two.

Breaks stink.
--Ali

No comments: