Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Summer Vacation vs. Spring Break

Homework, tests, essays, they can be overwhelming. Without breaks, I would be a sleep-deprived, mindless zombie. Weekends are nice and all, but I usually spend them trying to recover from the schoolweek and get some rest. This is why breaks, every-other month or so are ESSENTIAL, to the mind and body. They are a big-warm hug for your spirit. They give you a time to really relax, and forget about the multiple tests and reports due when you come back. However, as the week passes and you count down the days till you get back to school you realize you have a lot work to do, and so you're back to procrastination, putting things off to the sunday before school.
Summer breaks are different, instead of a big warm hug they're like a shot of expresso. Of courrse the first week might be relaxing enjoying your lack of responsibilities, but after that there are so many fun things to do; sang out with friends, summer camps. Going to the beach has always been my favorite summer activity. I love everything about the beach, building sandcastles, doing handstands in the water (a feat I could never accomplish without the decreased gravitational pull), or just floating around. However, this coming summer may be different, before, I've never been able to or wanted to get a job. This summer I want to get some kind of job, even if it's bagging groceries or scooping ice cream. I'll miss the days of lounging around during the summer, but I'm always up for a new experience, and if I can make money doing it, thats just an added bonus.

No comments: