During winter break, I had a very exciting time. I looked forward to sleeping in until eight o'clock. I looked forward to staying up until twelve o'clock at night or midnight. I looked forward to playing my PlayStation and helping my mother with daily chores. During school weeks, I have to get up at five o'clock and after the whole week of getting up at eight o'clock I was exhausted yesterday.
When you use break as opposed to summer, there's a huge difference. Break means we still have to go back to school but summer means freedom. Breaks you cannot do as much as in summer. In the summer you can volunteer for a very long time, it's warm out, there's a refreshing breeze, and you can spend more time with family. But, break means still school, sometimes cold, rainy(occasionally), and not as much time with family. To me, the summer's better than any break but of course winter because Winter break has my birthday in it, which of course is an awesome day.
Over the break, I planned on sleeping, PlayStation, spending time with family, shopping(maybe), my birthday and SNOW !!!!! Well, sleeping, PlayStation, and spending time with family happened a lot. Shopping and snow happened very little. My birthday happened for only one day. But, that day was full of laughs. My older sister Nicole and I with my mom enjoyed a day of laughs jokes and of course fun!! The day ended with my sister Nicole making me a card that was really funny, funny meaning something that I think is funny. For example my sister falling out of a chair, before I go help her, I laugh for a very long time.
But, during summer, I volunteer at the hospital so I am not home when my older sister Nicole is(she's at work). But my mother and my other sister Heather is home. Summer means summer reading assignments which I love because I love reading and writing and during the summer. If there was no summer reading assignments, I probably wouldn't read or just free write about anything. Summer also means fun and exciting water fights which occur every week in our family. Summer means my dog jumping into the pool and me rescuing him. Summer means my dog getting baths in a kiddie pool because he's too big to fit in the bathtub(no offense). But my dog still feels like he is royalty just because he gets a bath. How ridiculous is that, when I take a shower I don't feel like royalty.
On the first Saturday, I did nothing and lounged around all day. On the first Sunday, I did the same. On Monday, I cleaned the whole house with my family(early spring cleaning). On Tuesday, I was out all day with my family enjoying myself. On Wednesday I played the PlayStation again all day long. On Thursday, I lounged around all day. On Friday, I watched one movie and played games. On the second Saturday I was out all day long with my family. On the second Sunday I typed an essay for social studies, did homework, and played on PlayStation. Yesterday was my birthday so I went out to eat and had fun all day long.
But overall I love summer way better(volunteering, dog, family):)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment