Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BrEaK

I love breaks. How else can I say it? This break was definitily a more realxing one which was nice since we're traveling on Easter break. I spent one day doing alot of friend stuf - that was fun! My family went ice-skating; once with my dad which was a special treat. I enjoyed moving back into my bedroom (we recently painted it) and I spent some time just chillin' down there. My sister and I took long walks wandering in the woods with my dog and I even had time to indukge in one of my favorite activities - cooking! We (my family and I) treated ourselves to a few late-night movies as well. I would like to quickly thank all my teachers (except for one) for not giving me homework over Febuary break. I would also like to let Mr. Frey know that I forgive him for making me write a DBQ over break.

When I think about/compare a break like Febuary break to summer vacation, they are not the same. Really, in my mind, the year is broken into to parts: the school year and summer vacation. I look at a break during the school year as a time to rest and recharge. Summer is a different world. As I have said before, I live up in the Adirondacks during the summer because my dad runs a voys camp up there. Summers are not relaxing. I work along with everyone else at camp. It's amazing and I can not wait to go!!! Don't get me goin' on how excited I am. I have a great dislike for summer assignments; when summer and school it becomes toxic.

Breaks are great whenever! I love them!!!

No comments: