Thursday, December 6, 2007

The house was big, not huge but big. It had five bed rooms, a parlor, a sitting room, an entertainment room, a study, a basement, a kitchen, and a cathedral ceiling entrance. The house was once filled, but now is empty. The house does have furniture, but still is empty. The house was once alive with people, and emotion, but now is dead. The lawns once freshly cut on a regular basis, now a desert of waste. The pool, untouched for soo long, the tennis courts mangled with the sludge of the elements. The deck was once nice, but nothing was to be seen of it now. The eeriness grew with each passing second. Everything was scentless, unlike anywhere you would ever go. To touch the walls made you feel like you shouldn't have. It seemed that you could have explored the house for soo long, and get lost within its walls. Although I was too bashful to ask, there was a feeling that something bad had happened to those who once lived in the house. As I drove away I had been burdened with a feeling. A feeling that it was a mistake in coming, the house was scary. The great house was once a home, I could never have known.

- KYLE G.!!!

1 comment:

V. Gaboury said...

good, but work on adding more sensory description.
9