Thursday, December 6, 2007

Writing Excercise #1

My favorite place to go to is a certain spot in my yard. There is this one tree that is huge and kind of branches off into two trees. It's big and brown with a ton of really deep green leaves on it. It looks over my driveway on one side and my yard on the other, but is still hidden by the other trees around it. I can see past my driveway, into the woods and can see part of my neighbor's house. The other way I can see my house, my screen house, the dog fence, and part of my other neighbor's house. It's kind of hard to explain, unless you've been to my house. I love this spot because there is this one branch that is low enough to the ground so I can sit on it and let my feet hang off. It's just long enough for mybe two people to fit and there are branches above it that would be good for climbing. I used to go there all the time when I was younger, but not so much anymore, which I regret. I used to go and just sit and think, or write-I got some really good ideas from that spot. My two cousins, little sister and I built a "tree fort" on it a couple of years ago, so now there are two planks of wood (from a fence) on the branches. One plank is laid across the branch that I used to sit on and the other is angled on the ground to hold the first one up. When it snows in the winter the tree gets really pretty, with sparkling white snow all over the branches, except for that one branch that I use for sitting. I think I will have to go back there today to fix the fort which finally fell down (we thought it would fall down a week after we made it-it's not very stable).

2 comments:

Amy* said...

That's very cool...I think you should go sit there now(and fix the tree fort). I think it's nice to sit outside and have somewhere peaceful to sit and think or talk or write outside.

V. Gaboury said...

very peaceful.
10