Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, my family has many traditions. My dad and I go to the noisy, crowded mall to finish our last minute Christmas shopping. We have to hury throught the mall so that I have time to wrap all of the presents, big and small, that we bought. Sometimes, I have to be creative to wrap the uniquely shaped presents. After a yummy, but quick dinner, we light the sweet smelling bayberry candle for good luck. Then we rush off to the Christmas service. I am usually in the short pageant with the cute children. Towards the middle of the service, everyone lights the little, "handhleld" candle that they have and we sing silent night. It is beautiful. We go home in the cold and hang up our stockings that we've always had. Then my Dad and I read The Night Before Christmas from a large, old book. I put the intriguing Christmas presents from my grandparents under the tree and try to sleep and wait for Christmas day.