
You know that feeling you get when the first snow comes? It's there for only a moment or two, but it's a feeling that you don't forget. Just the other day-- Saturday I think-- I had that very feeling...
I woke up at 7:00. I looked outside and at once, a smile spread over my face. I ran to the tree and turned on the lights. Then I sat on the couch and looked out the window for a few seconds. I turned on my mini tree and then the outside lights. I sat, curled up in the corner of the couch for a little while longer. I then noticed that Frosty, the inflatable snowman, was looking kind of dead. It was covered in snow and could not blow up: So, of course I crept into the garage, slipped on my cozy boots and coat, came back into the house, and tromped out the front door. I brushed the snow off of Frosty until my fingers were numb, and then turned to go back inside. When I came to the front porch, I turned around. I looked at the whole of my world for that moment. Then my mom knocked on the front window, smiling at how I did this, and smiling because she enjoyed my enjoyment. I yanked off my snowy boots and went inside to the warm atmosphere there. What a great way to begin December...
You know what's really fun? Well, a lot of things are, but here's one: Twirling around in the falling snow, almost until you fall down, letting the snow catch in your eyelashes, catching other snowflakes on your tongue...Spinning. Spinning. Spinning...The whole world is spinning... You're on the ground, but you're in the sky.
3 comments:
ya...I know what you mean about the feeling of the first snow. It's so beautiful.
And I LOVE your last paragraph. I can relate to it. You are an excellent writer.
Holly: What an awesome thing to write about. I love snow. I love winter. I like to twirl around in the snow too!
sounds wonderful!
good job though i think you can add more sensory description. :-)
10
Post a Comment