Thursday, December 6, 2007

Winter Wonderland

SENEY'S RESPONSE

Come December, I anticipate the snow coming down flowing swiftly to the ground. I wait by the window so anxiously, with my nose practically on it. I feel the cool chill from the frosted window go through my body. I smell the sweet aroma of my mother's pies that were just taken out of the oven. The aroma picks me up and sprinkles me with sweetness.

Then, out of nowhere, I spot a snowflake. Flowing so innocently, no place to go but down, down...
My mother calls to me to come set the table. I try to block out everything as to spare the moment of winter's beauty. She yells once more, and I get up almost wishing I could pause what I've seen. I rush into the kitchen, clanking dishes as I try to hurry. I'm done. I run back into the living room, and what I see fascinates me. Once I walked into the room, the clouds let lose all of its contents. The snow flowing so vigoriously down like bullets from a gun. It amazes me how something so simple like snow can almost tell a story. In the beginning, the single, crisp snowflake, and now the bustle of hundreds. I run to the door in sheer excitement. I run outside in my socks and try to catch every snowflake that comes to me. It's crisp and frigid outside, but I feel so refreshed by the air. I run around, frolocking and kicking the snow as I go. I want the moment to last forever, with no worries tearing me down.

to be continued...

1 comment:

V. Gaboury said...

wow- excellent!
You know--maybe you should type your response in word until you get to work on the blog . . .

Work on adding mroe sensory description.
10