I think that cliques play a major role in socializing and education. As part of our human nature, we group ourselves according all sorts of things- looks, money, style, talents, intellegence, whatever, opinions, ect. There are the "Pretties", the "Uglies", and the "Pretty Uglies". We are often unmindful, however, that we are really being prejudice against others because of our differences. In my opinion, people should really value uniqueness and laugh about our differences, not be offended when people notice them. Everybody's different- it's amazing to think about. But what if everyone were the same? Pretty darned boring, don't you think?
Next quetsion...I don't really consider myself part of a clique. I hang out with a ton of different people, and they're all really cool- in my mind, anyway. Well, I do kinda tend to hang with the wierdos, and I guess I'm kinda a wierdo myself. We're all wierdos deep down anyway, right? It's what makes life interesting. Why should we as a society care what other people think? You've gotta have fun just being you. :) I think we all judge people by the people they hang out with. I, myself, am guilty of it, but I try really hard not to.
Courage does have to do with every day living. Certain people do judge me sometimes based on my looks, or beliefs, or style, political stance, but it doesn't really bother me. I consider it a good thing if I'm singled out because of these things... It's what makes me unique.
I'd have to say that my role model is my older sister, Amanda. If you're reading this, Manda, Love Ya Lots!:). She's my role model because she has a way of being so nice to everyone she talks to and is someone that I can trust with anything. She challenges me in my faith, and is the best big sis I could have ever wished for. ( See, Manda? Aren't I sweeeeeet?) Even through all of this, she manages to have a ton of fun in the process. I've never seen her be prejudice towards anyone, and I strive to be more like her in many ways (not artistic stuff, though...hahaha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes it would be boring and yes everyone is a weirdo-all different flavors of course, but weirdos nonetheless.
Good job. Be sure to tell your sister she is your role model-everyone needs a lift.
10
Did you do a superpower???
Post a Comment