Thursday, November 8, 2007

The roles of cliques in society is drastic. Everyone is stereotyped on how the dress or how they act or what they do. This effects how people treat you and what people you meet. Personally I don't think I am part of a clique. I think I just bounce from group to group. I hang out with people in pretty much all groups. And I probably do stereotype people by who they hang out with. I mean what teenage girl doesn't? We always wanna know whose dating who?, should they be together?, are they reaching out of the social boundaries? Most people can tell who someone hangs out with just by looking at the person. It's mostly the clothes that give things away. For example most people think if you' re wearing black..you must be goth or emo. And Abercrombie and Hollister..sure sign you're preppy. Stereotyping isn't good at all. No one but the people who are on the outside think it good. The people who get 'typed think of it as mean and dishonest. When people do stereotype that usually never go beyond the outside of the person. Only looking at how they look or dress not what they are like or their personality.

Courage. Courage is a big thing for me. Courage kept my dad in work [being a firefighter] and keeps our troops safer. If our civil servants didn't have courage who know what would have happened on 9/11.I think everyone has courage..even if not alot they do. I don't think I'm stereotyped for any of those reasons. Nad i probably do look at at other people who haven't 'taken the road most traveled' the same way I do those who took the road most traveled. But I've seen by observation that our older generations defanitley do more than teenagers do these days.

My role models are my brother and dad. I love them so much and each of them have taught me something special. And don't get me wrong I love my mom shes amazing but my boys are my heroes.

1 comment:

V. Gaboury said...

ah-- and you always seem to knock your dad in class . . .

good job.

10