Cliques are one of those classic stereotypes of high school. TV shows, books, radio stations, when ever referred to high school always go down to how teenagers are brats and how cliquey high school is. I don't think that high school is that cliquey. I mean yeah everyone has there friends and what not but people aren't as mean as they used to be. I think that we as a teenage society has gotten a little better than how it was when the older generations have went through. Yeah I know personally when you go through a class were theres none of your Friends that it really stinks, but you can make friends. I think that's the hardest part of for people in high school... if people don't have any Friends in there classes then they tend to do worse in that subject. Sure theres the slackers too, but if you don't feel comfortable in a class room then you kind of not do as well because your always nervous what people will think of you or if your doing things right. But if you try to make friends your bound to make at least one friend, you just have to build up the gut and not be afraid and try to become friends with them.
Personally cliques dont play any part of my life. I am friends with many people from many different "cliques" per say and I try my hardest to be nice with everyone, even if my friends disagree. There are different signs of what clique your in. The worst part is that cliques start with what clothes you wear. Hollister and Walmart is a classic no-no. People WILL ditch you and try to ignore you because of the clothes you ware. If your wearing black the first thing to come to mind is emo. If you have hollister on your considered prep. Personally i think that the worst stereotype would have to be the walmart one. If you wear walmart clothing you may be considered poor or dirty. Maybe someone cant afford clothes from hollister but theres nothing they can do about it so people make fun of them?? Its a horrible thing, how mean people can be. I think it effects girls more than guys though. Girls are more judgemental and cruel to other girls were as guys, they can Ware wht they want and basically get nothing said to them. Now that i think about it i do steriotype and participate in cliques. Everyone does. You basically go with your own "kind". I try not do along with alot of other people but it just comes naturally and its almost like theres nothing you can do about it but shut up and do as everyone else does.
My role model would have to be my mom. Yes I know Corney as all get out, but she doesnt judge people and she trys to make the best of what is put in fromt of them. It bugs me when peoples role model is the bestest baseball player or movie star because in reality there the most judgemental cruel people there is. Maybe in some cases there not, but majority of the time there nasty people and its really upsetting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very thoughtful. Work on editing. I hope you let your mom know she is your role model-everyone needs a boost and to know they are making a difference.
10
Post a Comment