I think there is cliques going on now and they will for the rest of my life. I think that people will always make of someone else just because of their clothes, beliefs, and appearance. I do not consider myself in a clique. I say this because I have never made fun of someone just because they are a certain way. I have nowhere to talk. I love watching wrestling and I love wearing comfortable clothes. I do sometimes judge people by who they hang out with. But it's never meant to be mean. I will say that group over there is smart or intelligent. I think there is different symbols for each group. I say this because there could be a "Rich people" group, a "fashion" group etc. Stereotyping is never good. It can lead to people's hearts being broken. It could result in somebody committing suicide if the comment or gesture was really mean.
Courage has to do with everyday living by if your made fun of you have to have the courage to not get mad and to not let it bother you(your afraid). You in a way have to fight back. I do find myself judged incorrectly by my friends because of my interests. Just because I love wrestling I get made fun of plenty of times. I think it's a source of entertainment for me. I do look up at individuals and I see that they have not followed "the road most have taken". These individuals are my mother, my father, and my sisters. These people do not care if someone makes fun of them. They shrug their shoulders and donb't care. If someone wants to say that then that person is only saying their opinion. Other people can think that you as a person are beautiful, pretty, and bright. That person might love you even though others don't. My family is kind of like me. I have gotten made fun of a lot. But I don't care I just shrug my shoulders and say"that's your opinion".
My role model is probabley my mother and my oldest sister Nicole. My mother does not care if people make fun of her. She has an attitude of "I'm not out to please everyone". I love her for that she doesn't handle being made fun of like other people. I especially love her for what she doesn't do. She doesn't make fun of anyone she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. My other role model is my sister Nicole. She's a role model because she has put up with a lot during her school years. She just graduated from APHS summer of 2007. My sister Nicole has dandruff. All throughout her school years(kindergarten through 12th grade) they called her snowflake. She never let it bother her at all. Also one of her teachers was teaching the class that some things don't always have signs you have to look for them. The teacher used for an example my sister. She said "it's so rare. Like one day Nicole just committing suicide." A student one of her peers in her grade said "well it wouldn't be a loss." She didn't let that bother her because she knew she would never ever commit something like this because she has a loving family at homke waiting for her. These two people are my role mmodels because they never let anything bother them. They both were not in any cliques. They never did make fun of anyone. That's the way I would like to be. I am three quarters there and I need one quarter to go.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry you have to deal with these kinds of things. No one should have to deal with that.
PS My husband loves wrestling too.
10
Mrs. G
Post a Comment