Thursday, November 8, 2007

True Colors =]]]

There are many different cliques that people are in. There are groups of friends with people that are no longer thought of as people, but rather a certain name for the entire group. I think it is a shame and that it is unfair because no one should be classified by some of the things that poeple now classify them as. I don't think of myself as part of a clique, but I know that others put me under a category. But I don't expect any different. This is high school.
But I have tried to make changes and still am trying. In eighth grade some of my friends and I were sick of everyone being put into groups because we are our own people. We then decided to create a club named Students Against Stereotyping, or sas. We took it pretty far and were able to change some things for the better. We put up signs, made displays and even had a day of silence at the school. It turned out good. G.S.A., which is now The Alliance came to the middle school. Everything was becoming a little better very, very slowly. I am now in The Alliance and enjoying it a lot.
I don't like stereotyping most of the time. Cliques just make some people feel left out and leave some people lost because they don't know who they really are since they aren't being given a chance to show people who they are. Cliques are usually classified by what they wear, who they hang out with, what grades they get and things like these. Courage is when someone who is in a clique asks someone outside of that clique to hang out with them or sit with them at a lunch table or do something of the kind. There are ways of taking it much further, and that is real courage. I am sometimes incorrectly judged by people, but not by my friends. And when people actually get to know me they learn who the real me is. Yay! I don't really look up to people that don't follow the road that is most taken because I try to be happy with what I have and I try to be a leader, and my friends consider me a leader. That's just who I am.
My role model is Marilyn Monroe. She's amazing. This is because she was destined for greatness. She could always put on a happy face for people. I think me and her are a little alike. I love her quotes. She was so smart. She is so inspiring.
Have to go. Byebye.

1 comment:

V. Gaboury said...

Good and much less frightening that your superheros post.
Work on formatting--paragraphing so it is easier to read.
9/9.5