Thursday, November 8, 2007

I think that "Cliques" play a fairly significant role in a high schoolers life. I think that they affect who you hang out with, as well as the way you feel about yourself, and the activities in which you are involved in. I don't consider myself a part of a "Clique", because I have friends who are involved/into different things than I am. I try not to judge people by the people who they hang around, but you are who your friends are. If your friend smokes weed, the chances are you do the same. There are exceptions to that at times though. I think that there are different symbols for different cliques. Maybe a book for the "Academics", or a football for the "Jocks". I don't think that stereotyping is ever a good thing. No matter what you do in your life there is most often times an exception, maybe not many, but atleast one exception.

Courage has a lot to do with every day living. You need courage to do anything in life. It becomes harder and harder as you go on in life, especially at the age we are now. I find myself judged incorrectly at times in my life by my friends. Most times it is out of jealousy, ignerance or because or an ego. My best friends know who I really am, and know what to expect out of me most of the time. I do look up to many people because of who they are, and who they have become because of previous circumstances. Some people grow up in a hard life with many bad influences, and bad roads they could take and go no where in life, like the people surrounding them. There are others that see this as motivation, and escape the lifestyle. My role model is Derek Jeter. I think that his humbleness, great character, attitude, work ethic,and desire to win is amazing. Derek Jeter worked hard his entire life, always wanting to win, and even though he knew he was going to the MLB, he still worked hard in school, and ended up a very good student. Derek is also a bit of a ladies man.