I think that cliques play a huge role in socializing. People are sooo judgemental of other people and it makes a difference about what people think about themselves. Being honest I'll admit that I do it too, I don't really know anyone who could say that they don't judge other people by who they hang out with and what they look like. I think it effects education as well. I notice that when I have a class with my friends I do enjoy it more but it can be alot more distracting, where in a class where I dont really know anyone I'm alot more focused on my work than talking. I don't really consider myself part of a "clique" but I do have a group of friends that I hang out with alot. I try to have alot of friends from different areas and that have different interests, and I think it's really important to be nice to everyone no matter what you think about them because even if I'm not close with someone I would hope they would be nice to me. I deffinitly judge people by who they hang out with and I know its not good but it's just what happens. I don't think there is exactly cliques I think people have a group of friends but most people branch out from their group to some extent. Even though there isnt really cliques there are alot of steroetypes. I don't think that stereotypes are always bad, they can help you become friends with people who like the same things that you do. People are also very judgemental of the activities other people do. Cheerleading for example, cheerleading is my life and I can not tell you how many times I have heard that cheer isnt a sport or its stupid.
It does take alot of courage to stand up to the judgement. It is noticable how kids act different when different people talk to them. Sometimes you feel pressured to have the same views or just go alone with what the new person is saying. I do think that sometimes my friends judge me wrong but I think I do it to them too. I don't really look up to one person because they stand out in the crowd. I try to be individual and not always follow the crowd.
I don't really know who my role model is.. I'm just taking my future one step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good job and yes, cheering is most certainly a sport--lots of energy expended there!
9/9.5
Post a Comment