Heh cliques... Af for me im a kid who doesnt really fit into a clique and never did. I can sit down at a table with the "Popular" kids, the "geeks" the "skaters" and not get kicked out as long as I have a friend there. Personally I am against the idea of kicking someone out of a group because of their popularity or their interists. But at the same time I'm not saying that someone who is rediculously annoying has to sit with you.
I think that Cliques are getting worse as time progresses. As little 6th graders we didnt care and we were ignorant to popularity and we just hung out with our friends. I am constantally amused when my sister cares about what she's wearing and how some people would think of her. For me I dont really care what I look like to other people as long as I'm not absolutely repulsive. I wish that the 6th grader ignorance would come back into the school because then people would be able to see others as they are. Judging someone on the basis of their popularity or who they hang out with is immature and annoying.
Each clique has their own symbols and icons. For the "Gothic" clique its black clothing and skulls (along with some other stuff), the "Popular" clique includes brand like Hollister and American Eagle. As for stereotyping, I think that judging people without knowing what their really like is a horrible thing. I have found better friends in the not so popular groups then the more popular ones (not to bash or make fun of popular kids) \
I have a pretty good amount of courage daily. I try and stop steroetyping when i can but I dont go as far as joining after school groups like "SAS" to stop it. I think that some people are suprised when i say that I'm a strong christian. Also im judged incorectally when people look at the activities that I join. To be honest I would do football and wresteling but after being in wresteling and seeing football playerss, I dont like the ego and attitude involved.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment