Cliques and stereotyping are a HUGE part of high school. One can't go through high school without any cliques or stereotyping. Stereotyping can hurt many people, and people do it without even thinking. I usually don't judge people, but there are times when I do. I think it's just human nature. Everyone throughout their lifetime is going to stereotype because we are not perfect. Cliques can take one's individuality away from them. If someone is trying to fit in, they will most likely do anything to fit in, even if it's not them. I think this is ridiculous. One loses their uniqueness when doing this. One may not think for themselves if they are part of a clique.
I do not consider myself part of a clique. I have lots of friends that are in different groups of friends. I have friends that others see as nerds, weirdos, and so on. But to me, they are all the same. No one is better than the other just because they may be smarter or prettier. I try my best to look into a person to see who they really are, no matter what meets the eye. I do get some instincts, though, that tell me I'm in the wrong place. I consider myself a "weirdo" and do NOT take offense to it. People these days see those that act like themselves as weirdos.
TO BE CONTINUED
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i will put my comment on the other one--at this point 7/8
Post a Comment