Cliques are a major role in socializing, peoples education and their life outside of school. People are very judgemental. I am realizing now that people are alot more judgemental in the high school. I have noticed that even people that I knew for a while in middle school have changed alot since they have gotten into the high school. I'm not saying that I'm perfect and don't judge people, because I do, it's pretty much what everone does. I can't say that I know a person that doesnt judge anyone, and if they said they didnt, they would most likeley be lying. Though we might not be harsh and mean about it we still judge them by their personality, looks and who they hang out with. I don't consider myself being in a clique because even though I have a tight group of friends that I do alot of things with, I am friends with a lot of different people. Yes, like everyone else, I judge a person by who they hang out with. If a person is hanging out with someone who is a trouble maker, it is very possible that that person will do what their friends are doing. If a person is very good at alot of things, someone who hangs out with them might want to try to do something well, or show off, when they are infront of that certain person. If you see that happening, you can tell what kind of values and what kind of a person that someone is. I don't think there are symbols for cliques, because to be honest there arent really cliques, there are more stereotypes. The stereotypes really are what define schools. There are so many different groups filled with stereotypes like goths, preps, etc... In some way I think that steroetypes are good, but in some ways it's bad. Stereotypes aren't good because they can be used for discrimination which is never good.
You need alot of courage to stand up to people judging you. If there are people judging you, you need to not take it completley to heart, and try to just let it go. I know that it is very hard sometimes to let things like that go, but it's a very good idea to try. I find myself judge alot by things I do and the people I hang out with. I never like being put down by the things I do that are different, but there are always the people that congratulate me for doing something differnet. Having compliments after having someome put y ou down, or judge you for the same thing really brings you up, and makes you feel better. I sometime look up to people because they act differently and don't follow the crowd, but then I think again and think about what I do that people might look up to and I stop.
I don't know who I would choose for a role model. They're are so many different people that all have different qualities that I might want to have, so I would have to choose like five.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job.
9/9.5
Post a Comment