I think cliques play a huge part in people’s lives especially in school. Cliques are both a good thing and a bad thing. On one hand they can make people feel like they belong, but on the other hand they could make some people feel different and feel like they don’t belong. I think we are always going to be dealing with cliques, both in school and out of school cliques allow you to find people with similar interests. I don’t think it is a good thing to belong in one clique, because then you’re with people who are just like you and your not spending time with those who have different interests than you do. I don’t think that I belong to a clique because I am friends with a lot of different people who have a lot of different interests.
I try really hard not to judge people by who they hang out with, but I know I do it. I think everyone does it though, its human nature to look at groups of people that pass by you. Also a lot of people act like the people they hang out with everyday. For example if one or two people in a group or clique are known as jocks then most likely the people they hang out with are also called jocks. I don’t really think there are certain symbols that define a group of people.
I don’t think stereotyping is a good thing. It automatically places someone in a group of people that they might not belong in. But it goes with acting like your friends. If you hang out with people that are know for something then soon you will be put in with their group.
Courage is a huge part of our lives. I think courage is having the strength to stand up for your self and to be different and do what you want to without caring what others think. The people that I look up to are those who have a lot of courage, and I wish that I could be like those people. Sometimes I feel like I have courage and sometimes I feel like the “Cowardly Lion.” My parents have a lot of strength and courage and I try to model myself after them and I hope that I can be like them and all people who aren’t afraid to be themselves and those who do not follow “the road most taken”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great job!
9/9.5
Post a Comment